ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett traded to Eagles per Adam Schefter

another insightful comment form the poster with more posts and less likes than anyone on rivals
You know who is concerned about how many likes she gets? Or whines about trolls on the internet? Or cries when her favorite football player gets traded? Or, for that matter, continues to respond to such nonsense? 50 something year old men? No. Jan Brady.

If Pickett demonstrated any signs of being a franchise QB, he would still be here and the Steelers never would've signed Wilson. I hope he succeeds elsewhere and eventually lands a starting job again, but if he didn't want to stay and compete then I completely get why the Steelers honored a trade request.
Sadly I have to agree on the last part.
What gets me is that the Steelers wasted a first round pick, got nothing in return. Pickett will always be a Pitt man and won us an ACC Championship.

Last edited:
Pickett should have stayed and competed, but every man has to make their own decisions.
Pitt needs to beat Carolina tonight to wash this bad taste out of my mouth.

There’s a better chance of McCarthy going top 10 than lasting until the 3rd, he is almost a lock for the 1st round. The other 2 are late 1st or early 2nd in all probability
I think Penix could slip to the third. No way Nix does. Penix was exposed in the championship game. For those that thought picket panicked in the pocket Penix makes Picket look calm by comparison

Pickett should have stayed and competed, but every man has to make their own decisions.
Pitt needs to beat Carolina tonight to wash this bad taste out of my mouth.
There was no competition - that's Kenny's issue! The Steelers said there would be and then said there wouldn't be. If Kenny is going to be a backup, I rather he do it in a place that has a competent staff, an established Oline, and weapons at every level. Not here with this Hodge podge of nothingness!

Reactions: lilspainishflea
There was no competition - that's Kenny's issue! The Steelers said there would be and then said there wouldn't be. If Kenny is going to be a backup, I rather he do it in a place that has a competent staff, an established Oline, and weapons at every level. Not here with this Hodge podge of nothingness!
It goes deeper than we know.
Time to move on. Life goes fast.
Enjoy what you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: 303vND
That's not what was reported. It was Wilson would enter OTAs as No. 1 on the depth chart and Pickett at 2, but there'd be a competition. Again, Pickett could've went out and forced the coaches to start him with his performance, but instead wanted out.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
That's not what was reported. It was Wilson would enter OTAs as No. 1 on the depth chart and Pickett at 2, but there'd be a competition. Again, Pickett could've went out and forced the coaches to start him with his performance, but instead wanted out.
Actually it has been reported and after the past few years I have a difficult time just accepting the usual company line when it comes to Stiller coverage

I mean come on

I'm thrilled he's getting away from the yinzer idiots and the local media who never game him a chance. Maybe they can draft Drew Allar next year. Dulac and Adamski would fawn all over him, saying he needs time to develop
The team that drafted him, while flawed, gave him plenty of chances. He didn’t measure up, then copped an attitude. Now he’ll sit the bench behind Hurts until he gets moved somewhere else to back up someone else.

He’s on the lost highway to journeyman status. That didn’t take long.

Reactions: Pitt79 and bdur76
The team that drafted him, while flawed, gave him plenty of chances. He didn’t measure up, then copped an attitude. Now he’ll sit the bench behind Hurts until he gets moved somewhere else to back up someone else.

We'll see. I'd love to wager on that.

It's still early, but clearly the early reviews aren't good. If he flames out with the Eagles, I certainly hope that all of the Steeler haters here come back to apologize.

We'll see. I'd love to wager on that.
Make your case for him. What have you seen since he was drafted that makes him a quality NFL starter?

Was he drafted into a good situation for a QB? No. Did he at any time look like he had what it takes to be a successful NFL QB? No.

If you saw something else there, I’d love to hear what it was.

Reactions: Pitt79 and bdur76
Make your case for him. What have you seen since he was drafted that makes him a quality NFL starter?

Was he drafted into a good situation for a QB? No. Did he at any time look like he had what it takes to be a successful NFL QB? No.

Comeback wins rookie year, overall record as a starter, flashes in first game without Canada. Not a HOF QB like Ben, but he could have been a decent starter here with the right tools around him. And he was only two years in. Do you remember what Bradshaw was at after two years?

But hey, enjoy the Wilson era with an OC as dynamic as watching grass grow. All without a true #1 receiver, and the current #2 guy is a bit of a head case.

I still say Pickett will end up starting at some point, have a solid, not HOF career.

What did you see in the Steelers situation that led you to believe anyone other than Mahomes would have had success?

Comeback wins rookie year, overall record as a starter, flashes in first game without Canada. Not a HOF QB like Ben, but he could have been a decent starter here with the right tools around him. And he was only two years in. Do you remember what Bradshaw was at after two years?

But hey, enjoy the Wilson era with an OC as dynamic as watching grass grow. All without a true #1 receiver, and the current #2 guy is a bit of a head case.

I still say Pickett will end up starting at some point, have a solid, not HOF career.

What did you see in the Steelers situation that led you to believe anyone other than Mahomes would have had success?
What I saw was a QB that looked like he didn’t belong out there on Sundays.

Happy feet, inaccurate, unable to throw downfield, lacking touch, and shaky with his accuracy. Do you believe that those reports that his own teammates had lost confidence in him are false?

I certainly hope they don’t bring in Fields. Seems like him plus Wilson would be a disaster waiting to happen.

I still think the QB to wait on in this draft is Travis. I think he could be a successful pro, especially with his elite running capability. Bring him in to be the third QB with an eye on him getting an opportunity in a few years.

I certainly hope they don’t bring in Fields. Seems like him plus Wilson would be a disaster waiting to happen.

I still think the QB to wait on in this draft is Travis. I think he could be a successful pro, especially with his elite running capability. Bring him in to be the third QB with an eye on him getting an opportunity in a few years.

Yeah, I like Travis as a developmental QB as well. I'm just not sure if that injury changes anything.

He was 7-4 prior to injury
He turned the season around his rookie season

Being competitive and giving your team a chance to win is what he does
He has 7 comeback wins in 2 years
He’s a gamer - but not a star

Do you think it would have been any less painful with Pickett?
Depends… new OC who knows? Had the situation been in reality as upfront as originally presented and Pickett comes in and does his work? Who knows?

Right now you’ve got one QB on the roster and haven’t addressed other issues and a fanbase that seems confused and somewhat divided.

Like I said…if this flops it’s going to look ugly. Fast

Reactions: BillyWestFan
Maybe I'm way off base here, but there have been so many conflicting reports over the last few weeks about this that we really need to stop believing everything we read and think about who a person actually is. When it was first reported that the Steelers planned to meet with Wilson a story came out that Pickett was "welcoming" to the idea and a "total professional" then Steelers met with him he signed and then we are supposed to believe he lost his ever loving mind and demanded a trade...Da F ? They think we are idiots. They promised Russ the starting job, came back and told Kenny Russ would have "Pole" position after making him believe all off season that he is "the guy" playing head games by keeping him first on the depth chart while being on the bench. They F'd him up and we seen this young man's character for 5 years at Pitt. F the Steelers for trying to slander him. I hate all things Steelers now because of how they treated him playing performance aside they made him out to be a cry baby villain. That is not Kenny Pickett.

Too many reports of "disguntled" players over the years. I'm thinking now it's not the players but Tomlin and/or Steelers management.

BTW Go Steelers and take the Pirates with you....

2 organizations being run haphazardly.

Reactions: DruidTM
Seems like he would've been better off here than to go sit behind a young franchise QB.
Better here??? With what?? A HC who never took the reins off of Kenny Pickett. An OC who ran a "gimmick" high school level offense that I am 100% certain that was done under the complete approval of his HC. The steeler "standard" that tomlin speaks of is gone. He has taken an organization that DID have a level of respect around the league and turned it into an organization that is happy being average. I an so happy for Kenny Pickett to get out of here and at least have an opportunity to play for a good NFL OC and for a HC that understands how to play NFL football in 2024.

He was 7-4 prior to injury
He turned the season around his rookie season

Being competitive and giving your team a chance to win is what he does
He has 7 comeback wins in 2 years
He’s a gamer - but not a star

Don't get it conflated: It was the defense and the fact that we faced an awful stretch of teams/quarterbacks that kept us competitive. You don't need a game winning touchdown if you have more than six points in the first 58 minutes. If he's what you say he is, why was our trade compensation only slightly more than what we got for Kendrick Green?

Don't get it conflated: It was the defense and the fact that we faced an awful stretch of teams/quarterbacks that kept us competitive. You don't need a game winning touchdown if you have more than six points in the first 58 minutes. If he's what you say he is, why was our trade compensation only slightly more than what we got for Kendrick Green?
So you disagree he’s a competitor who gives the team a chance to win ?
And your argument is they won games with him - but not with Mitch in the game ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT