ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Heather

He’ll have his pick of a good job when he wants it. He isn’t coming here. Get real.
Like Cincinnati, Pitt needs to find the next Fickell. Pitt is a lateral move at best for him. WVU, UC, Iowa State & other similar programs have shown they are capable of selecting multiple good coaches with regularity. Pitt just hasn’t been able to get out of their own way under prior administrations. That said, echoing my desire for Heather to put her stamp on the football program with a new hire. Looks like we might have to see another season of this nonsense though...

Reactions: pittmeister
2016Iowa State3–92–79th
2017Iowa State8–55–4T–4thW Liberty
2018Iowa State8–56–3T–3rdL Alamo
2019Iowa State7–65–4T–3rdL Camping World
2020Iowa State7–27–1

What exactly is Matt Campbell doing that Narduzzi isn't? Neal Brown is 10-10.

Tbh, Walt, Wanny, Chryst, and Narduzzi are good coaches and were solid hires. There is only so much you can do at Pitt. In today's landscape, It's not possible to recruit well enough at Pitt to be major player in college football.

I don’t know who we could hire to compete with Clemson. I really don’t think there is anyone in the country that could take us from where we are to being a top 10. Too many factors against us that the greatest coach can’t overcome.

2016Iowa State3–92–79th
2020Iowa State7–27–1

Tbh, Walt, Wanny, Chryst, and Narduzzi are good coaches and were solid hires. There is only so much you can do at Pitt. In today's landscape, It's not possible to recruit well enough at Pitt to be major player in college football.
Iowa St was 8-28 the 3 years prior to Matt Campbell taking over. He was handed a steaming pile of dog crap and has completely turned that program around in no time. He also went 35-15 at Toledo. Campbell is 41 years old and a rising star in the profession.

Let’s put Iowa St into perspective. In the last 100 years of football their best record ever was 9-3. Campbell is doing an incredible job.

I don’t know who we could hire to compete with Clemson. I really don’t think there is anyone in the country that could take us from where we are to being a top 10. Too many factors against us that the greatest coach can’t overcome.

Agree.

Our administration doesnt have the resources needed, or the stomach for what you put up with to be top 10.

Iowa St was 8-28 the 3 years prior to Matt Campbell taking over. He was handed a steaming pile of dog crap and has completely turned that program around in no time. He also went 35-15 at Toledo. Campbell is 41 years old and a rising star in the profession.

Yes. And he also ingratiated himself w/ the media by saying his inspiration was getting away from the loser culture at Pitt. Yeah... but keep pumping this guy up.

Reactions: FireballZ and bwh05
Yes. And he also ingratiated himself w/ the media by saying his inspiration was getting away from the loser culture at Pitt. Yeah... but keep pumping this guy up.
How exactly is he wrong? 1990-1999 were absolutely awful. I just call it like I see it. It is a message board to discuss football.

I remember the days or years when everyone claimed it was so much easier to recruit at VT than Pitt... “their campus is beautiful etc etc” ...we’ve spent the last decade and a half basically clobbering them...

it shouldn’t be so difficult to recruit well in a great city like Pittsburgh which was a much less desirable place in the late 70s and early 80s to live...

I said this a week or two ago. Michigan should absolutely hire Campbell as soon as possible.
Michigan will have their pick, but there are many issues that program has to make it hard on any coach. Sure, you get the Michigan brand and name and recruiting, but you get all that other crap like big donors and exceptionally short level of patience

2016Iowa State3–92–79th
2020Iowa State7–27–1

Narduzzi is not a good coach. C'mon man.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
How exactly is he wrong? 1990-1999 were absolutely awful. I just call it like I see it. It is a message board to discuss football.

Mainly because he made that comment in '98 *after* Walt had pretty much reversed the culture in '97. Are you telling me there was no change in the program between 1996 and 1997? If so... you're an idiot.

Reactions: bwh05
Pierre how come you aren't a premium member anymore? I just noticed that.
Hey Poker, yeah not a paying member anymore but still get good info from my sources. I totally understand most posters frustrations especially in a coach's 6th year. Not hearing that PN will get fired but that can change since Heather keeps things close to the vest. Just our luck we had to play 2 of the 4 teams that are going to the college playoffs but we should be more competitive than we showed. Smh H2P!

Reactions: PittPoker
Hey Poker, yeah not a paying member anymore but still get good info from my sources. I totally understand most posters frustrations especially in a coach's 6th year. Not hearing that PN will get fired but that can change since Heather keeps things close to the vest. Just our luck we had to play 2 of the 4 teams that are going to the college playoffs but we should be more competitive than we showed. Smh H2P!
Well I miss you over there. Come back soon my friend!

Reactions: pierre93
Mainly because he made that comment in '98 *after* Walt had pretty much reversed the culture in '97. Are you telling me there was no change in the program between 1996 and 1997? If so... you're an idiot.
Why is it so hard to believe that he didn’t have a good experience and felt there wasn’t a good culture at the time he was there? We went 2-9 during the year he was at Pitt. I don’t know what he experienced. That is his perspective.

Like Cincinnati, Pitt needs to find the next Fickell. Pitt is a lateral move at best for him. WVU, UC, Iowa State & other similar programs have shown they are capable of selecting multiple good coaches with regularity. Pitt just hasn’t been able to get out of their own way under prior administrations. That said, echoing my desire for Heather to put her stamp on the football program with a new hire. Looks like we might have to see another season of this nonsense though...
It's not close to a lateral move pitt is a better job and it's not close. But fickell can get a top 10 job and pitt isn't in that category

Has heather come out of her basement. I haven’t seen or heard a public comment from her since July.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
Ghost of Pitt Stadium has to be the infamous “ Pitt40” based on what Im seeing this morning

How ya been 40?

It's not close to a lateral move pitt is a better job and it's not close. But fickell can get a top 10 job and pitt isn't in that category

According to Wikipedia (I know I know) he makes $200k more at Cincy then Duzz does here. Think about that for a moment. Cincy in the American is paying more than Pitt in the P5.

Last edited:
Reactions: kramerica415
I remember the days or years when everyone claimed it was so much easier to recruit at VT than Pitt... “their campus is beautiful etc etc” ...we’ve spent the last decade and a half basically clobbering them...

it shouldn’t be so difficult to recruit well in a great city like Pittsburgh which was a much less desirable place in the late 70s and early 80s to live...
And pay your coach $4MM a year!

Reactions: DruidTM
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT