ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers-Browns gamethread

If you don’t think Kenny can make all these throws that DTR is making, and Kenny isn’t a product of this coaching staff, then I don’t know what to tell you.
All I know is we just saw DTR make all those throws after KP threw all those incompletions.

Can’t keep making excuses for him.

How many times are there miscommunications between him and the receiver let alone the inaccurate passes.

It’s been 2 years, can’t be 100% on the OC.

Reactions: Dan1911
That is a bad loss.

And the kind of thing that happens when your whole game plan is to make sure that both teams stay in the game.

Likely referring to the drop on first that hit him right in the hands, right out in front of him and then bailing on the pattern on 2nd down. My guess.
Or the terrible read on 1sr when Kenny threw him open but he gave up on the play ?

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
All I know is we just saw DTR make all those throws after KP threw all those incompletions.

How many times are there miscommunications between him and the receiver let alone the inaccurate passes.

It’s not 100% on the OC. It’s 75% on the HC because he wants this OC and he dictates to the OC that the ball is not to go down field and that 3 and outs are preferred to TO’s.

And Do you understand football? Miscommunications are never on the QB.

I’m not sure what you guys are complaining about.

Who doesn’t want a three-play, 0:14 drive when you have a chance to win, or lose, the game?

That offense is the definition of pathetic.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
It’s not 100% on the OC. It’s 75% on the HC because he wants this OC and he dictates to the OC that the ball is not to go down field and that 3 and outs are preferred to TO’s.

Kenny blows!! There is no defending him. He just simply blows!!

You’re too funny, miscommunications can never be on the QB.

He wasn’t pressured on any of those 3 last incompletions and came up empty all 3.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt

Funny how the browns OV actually used the TE and threw over the middle instead out patterns.

I think it’s fair to say the jury is out and m KP but until they actually have a pro passing game I’m not sure how you can draw any conclusions either way

At some point Pickett has to be given some of the blame. I mean it’s been 22 games now it’s not like the sample size is small.

He needs to get better and soon or else the Steelers will be looking for another QB as the 3 they have on the roster havent really showed enough. He will get another chance with a new OC next year, and will have to show noticeable progress immediately.

As a Steeler fan it’s frustrating as I watch the woeful Tommy DeVito absorb 9 sacks and still put up big numbers in a win.

Funny how the browns OV actually used the TE and threw over the middle instead out patterns.

I think it’s fair to say the jury is out and m KP but until they actually have a pro passing game I’m not sure how you can draw any conclusions either way

The jury will still be out on him in 2030. On the Pitt board only, of course.

The offensive system stinks. It makes things much harder on the offense in the passing game. Multiple analysts using the game film have shown the limitations of this offense.

Pickett is an inconsistent qb missing throws that are there. The last drive of the game illustrated this perfectly. This game ranks up with some of the worst qb play I have ever seen from the Steelers from the Kordell game at Tampa Bay to suffering under Kent Graham. I cannot fathom starting Kenny next week against the Bengals.

Lastly, they need to start Warren. Warren is one of the few players on offense that provides some big play capability. Bench Pickett and Harris.

And of course, Fire Canada.

Browns passes were all inside the numbers. Steelers passes on the last drive were all to the sideline. Which ones are easier to throw. Didn’t make any sense what so ever. SMH.
Agree wholeheartedly but unfortunately that is very expected with this offense. Given the amount of time left when they started that 14-second possession, inexcusable.

At some point Pickett has to be given some of the blame. I mean it’s been 22 games now it’s not like the sample size is small.

He needs to get better and soon or else the Steelers will be looking for another QB as the 3 they have on the roster havent really showed enough. He will get another chance with a new OC next year, and will have to show noticeable progress immediately.

As a Steeler fan it’s frustrating as I watch the woeful Tommy DeVito absorb 9 sacks and still put up big numbers in a

Would be nice to see what he could do if they’d cut him loose I agree rhe jury is out but until they actually have a pro passing game you won’t know

The offensive system stinks. It makes things much harder on the offense in the passing game. Multiple analysts using the game film have shown the limitations of this offense.

Pickett is an inconsistent qb missing throws that are there. The last drive of the game illustrated this perfectly. This game ranks up with some of the worst qb play I have ever seen from the Steelers from the Kordell game at Tampa Bay to suffering under Kent Graham. I cannot fathom starting Kenny next week against the Bengals.

Lastly, they need to start Warren. Warren is one of the few players on offense that provides some big play capability. Bench Pickett and Harris.

And of course, Fire Canada.
Yep, the entire offensive system stinks. But that doesn’t mean that KP isn’t a good bit below the line as well. He is definitely below the line, how many games need to go by before some will admit it.

Great essay question:
Who sucks worse, Matt Canada or Frank Cignetti?

Pittsburgh must have an aversion to offensive football, although football around here this year has been pretty offensive!

Although KP is not without blame in this one. They were in FG position once and blew it, then shit the bed when they had it at mid field with plenty of time for a FG drive.

Inexcusable to lose this game. Oh well they are a mightily flawed team. From coaching to players, lots of holes and problems.
Just like PItt!!!

Would be nice to see what he could do if they’d cut him loose I agree rhe jury is out but until they actually have a pro passing game you won’t know

We already know what Pickett is capable of. He is missing throw after throw. Giving him more chances will only lead to more incompletions.

Trubisky is a better qb than Pickett.

Yep, the entire offensive system stinks. But that doesn’t mean that KP isn’t a good bit below the line as well. He is definitely below the line, how many games need to go by before some will admit it.
I need a quick count of times a receiver was free and Kenny missed the throw ?

We already know what Pickett is capable of. He is missing throw after throw. Giving him more chances will only lead to more incompletions.

Trubisky is a better qb than Pickett.
If you actually ignore how Mitch actually plays , sure

Great essay question:
Who sucks worse, Matt Canada or Frank Cignetti?

Pittsburgh must have an aversion to offensive football, although football around here this year has been pretty offensive!

Although KP is not without blame in this one. They were in FG position once and blew it, then shit the bed when they had it at mid field with plenty of time for a FG drive.

Inexcusable to lose this game. Oh well they are a mightily flawed team. From coaching to players, lots of holes and problems.
Just like PItt!!!

Pitt changed qbs several times this year because they realized the status quo was not acceptable. Tomlin and Rooney family are much more comfortable with the status quo.

I would bench KP. I don't expect that to happen. No wonder Pickens is frustrated. Dude can play as hard as he wants but you won't be able to do anything game after game with this qb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT