ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers-Browns gamethread

Pitt changed qbs several times this year because they realized the status quo was not acceptable. Tomlin and Rooney family are much more comfortable with the status quo.

I would bench KP. I don't expect that to happen. No wonder Pickens is frustrated. Dude can play as hard as he wants but you won't be able to do anything game after game with this qb.
Kenny is by far the best qb on the roster

Jurk should have never started from the jump because he’s always sucked

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Funny how the browns OV actually used the TE and threw over the middle instead out patterns.

I think it’s fair to say the jury is out and m KP but until they actually have a pro passing game I’m not sure how you can draw any conclusions either way
"I think it’s fair to say the jury is out and m KP"

I am hoping that a change of OC will help him improve his accuracy and break him of the habit of staring down receivers. Right now we know that the whole offense stinks. The WR's stink, the OL stinks, and Kenny as well. The only person making plays is Warren.

QB A: 69 tds, 45, Ints, 64% Completion , rating of 85.2
QB B: 13 tds, 13 Ints, 63% Competion, rating of 83.2

A > B.
Now let’s look again at the last two years

QBA on his third team , was tossed away to be a backup

He has 5 TDs and 7 INTs and a rating around 69 as a Steelers

Stats are fun

Pitt changed qbs several times this year because they realized the status quo was not acceptable. Tomlin and Rooney family are much more comfortable with the status quo.

I would bench KP. I don't expect that to happen. No wonder Pickens is frustrated. Dude can play as hard as he wants but you won't be able to do anything game after game with this qb.
Both the Steelers and Panthers have QB issues. But Pitt changed QBs because the starter began making plays that lose games. I think it's been fairly well established that Kenny can at least execute a game plan that gives his team a chance to win. Mitch turns it over too easily.

I swear some of you have never watched offensive football before to know what an offense is supposed to look like. This ain’t it.
so it sucked with a HOF qb
Sucked with Mason
Sucks with Mitch
Sucks with Kenny

Which qb would be successful in this offense ?
Except in the fourth quarter when the HOF qb told the OC yo shove it and called his plays In thr no huddle. Suddenly thr HOF qbs arm wasn’t shot. Amazing how that worked

Reactions: Chaos

He has 5 TDs and 7 INTs and a rating around 69 as a Steelers

Stats are fun

Sample size.

Sample size.
Trubisky!!! Lol. Haven’t you watched him play? He’s Kenny with turnovers. And in case you didn’t know, this head coach sacrifices EVERYTHING on offense for the sake of not turning it over. Please try a better take.

I actually understated it.
By rating, Trubisky (85.8) > Rudolph (80.9) > Pickett (78.4).

The only stat where Kenny is best at is Int % ( 2.0) better than 2.8% (Mason) and 2.6%(Trubisky). Note that both have a much higher TD rate: Mason (4.1%) > Trubisky (3.8%) > Pickett (2%).

If you want to avoid turnovers, then keep with Kenny. Just expect more incompletions and less points.

Trubisky!!! Lol. Haven’t you watched him play? He’s Kenny with turnovers. And in case you didn’t know, this head coach sacrifices EVERYTHING on offense for the sake of not turning it over. Please try a better take.

Mitch's career int rate is just 2.5% vs Kenny's 2%. And that's over a much bigger sample size.
Trubisky is a better qb than Kenny right now. I am by no means saying Trubisky or Mason are the long-term answer. I highly doubt they are. But if you want to score more points, you play either of them ahead of Kenny.

Kenny is a bad qb. In a game that favors passing teams, you cannot keep KP as your starter. If KP were from PSU most people on this board would be signing a very different tune.

The Steelers having been winning on smoke and mirrors. Their record is such an aberration that anyone who thinks we should build off that does not understand football. In the long run, you cannot keep being outgained and expect to win.

The Steelers only way of winning is to win the turnover batter, which even that does not portend victory using today as another perfect example. The Steelers defense is not that good so they have to find ways to improve the offense. Benching KP and Harris would lead to more points which should lead to a better chance of winning.

Mind you, I still think the Steelers are a bad team. They clearly have the worst roster of any team in the AFC North.

So you think Kenny Pickett will be a plus starter in this league? Okay.
How do you know within this offense?? There’s no way to know how he’d play if he wasn’t expected to go with only his first read which is always inside of 10 yards, or check down, or even have the time to throw if he wanted to go downfield to anyone other than his primary receiver. Until Kenny plays for a real OC at minimum, and maybe a HC who allows the training wheels to come off, we will never know.

Take that throw to DJ that was a back footed 20 yard sideline pass from the opposite hash. The ball had plenty of strength and accuracy (DJ just missed the ball, caught the back half of it and then the defender jarred it loose). The ball was perfect. This OC and Head Coach call the offense as though Kenny is Duck Hodges and can’t make that throw. I’d be willing to say that maybe they know what they have and are doing their best to win games by limiting him. Except I’ve seen Kenny at the end of games make throws. So…

Another problem I have with this offense is tempo, no play action and no Audibles. Not sure who to blame there.

Mitch's career int rate is just 2.5% vs Kenny's 2%. And that's over a much bigger sample size.
Trubisky is a better qb than Kenny right now. I am by no means saying Trubisky or Mason are the long-term answer. I highly doubt they are. But if you want to score more points, you play either of them ahead of Kenny.

Kenny is a bad qb. In a game that favors passing teams, you cannot keep KP as your starter. If KP were from PSU most people on this board would be signing a very different tune.
But see that’s where you are wrong. The game might favor passing, but this offense doesn’t. And when Mitch plays within it, he can’t execute it. if you’ve watched the games the past two years, you’d see that.

Reactions: joeydavid
The Steelers having been winning on smoke and mirrors. Their record is such an aberration that anyone who thinks we should build off that does not understand football. In the long run, you cannot keep being outgained and expect to win.

The Steelers only way of winning is to win the turnover batter, which even that does not portend victory using today as another perfect example. The Steelers defense is not that good so they have to find ways to improve the offense. Benching KP and Harris would lead to more points which should lead to a better chance of winning.

Mind you, I still think the Steelers are a bad team. They clearly have the worst roster of any team in the AFC North.
You had me until you said benching Kenny would yield more points. This offense isn’t capable of more points until we get different coaching and potentially a QB who isn’t on this roster.

Reactions: joeydavid
But see that’s where you are wrong. The game might favor passing, but this offense doesn’t. And when Mitch plays within it, he can’t execute it. if you’ve watched the games the past two years, you’d see that.
No the data shows that the Steelers rushing attack is just as putrid. We have below average talent across the board on the OL and Harris is a poor rb. Running the ball more is not going to lead to more points. Just more punts.
Canada does not have much to work with. The talent on this team is with Pickens and Warren. After that and with a sizeable gap it's Johnson, Heyward, and Austin. With that line up, that means throwing the ball more, and KP is not the qb for that.

No the data shows that the Steelers rushing attack is just as putrid. We have below average talent across the board on the OL and Harris is a poor rb. Running the ball more is not going to lead to more points. Just more punts.
Canada does not have much to work with. The talent on this team is with Pickens and Warren. After that and with a sizeable gap it's Johnson, Heyward, and Austin. With that line up, that means throwing the ball more, and KP is not the qb for that.
So let’s see. The Ol sucks there’s only one wr that’s any good and rhe OC is a moron but KP is the problem and magically Mitch will be better.

That’s some logic there. Please tell me you’re not a Pitt grad

So let’s see. The Ol sucks there’s only one wr that’s any good and rhe OC is a moron but KP is the problem and magically Mitch will be better.

That’s some logic there. Please tell me you’re not a Pitt grad
Please tell me you’re not a Pitt grad if you don’t think KP is part of the problem.

But oh, you’re a Pitt grad/fan so that’s why you think KP is free of any blame.

Please tell me you’re not a Pitt grad if you don’t think KP is part of the problem.

But oh, you’re a Pitt grad/fan so that’s why you think KP is free of any blame.
On the list of issues he’s way down the list

He doesn’t call the short outs
He doesn’t allow the jail break pressures
He has a bottom of the league reviewing corps

Yeah
I’m looking at similar sample sizes based on recent play
You’re looking into 5 years ago before the bears gave up on him

Well here are the stats of recent play of KP:
-19/30 160 yards 1 TD 0 INTs
- 14/23 126 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs
- 14/27 93 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs

58% completion with 126 passing yards and a rating of 75.43..
You cannot consistently win with that level of play.

The harsh truth from Ray Fittipaldo:

Quarterback: Kenny Pickett is regressing in his second season, and it’s now to the point where the Steelers might have to consider addressing the position in the draft again or via an offseason trade. Pickett was 15 for 28 for 106 yards. He didn’t break the 100-yard mark until the final play of the game. His pocket awareness is almost as bad as his accuracy. There were several occasions on Sunday where he missed receivers by 10 yards. Sunday marked his 22nd career start, and he lost to a rookie making his second NFL start. There are seven games remaining, and the locker room could be asking the coaches to make a change.

Grade: F-

On the list of issues he’s way down the list

He doesn’t call the short outs
He doesn’t allow the jail break pressures
He has a bottom of the league reviewing corps

Pickett's recent play is by far the biggest reason the Steelers offense struggles to score. Canada is not missing reads nor consistently failing to execute on throws where players are open.

KP and Harris both need to sit.

The harsh truth from Ray Fittipaldo:

Quarterback: Kenny Pickett is regressing in his second season, and it’s now to the point where the Steelers might have to consider addressing the position in the draft again or via an offseason trade. Pickett was 15 for 28 for 106 yards. He didn’t break the 100-yard mark until the final play of the game. His pocket awareness is almost as bad as his accuracy. There were several occasions on Sunday where he missed receivers by 10 yards. Sunday marked his 22nd career start, and he lost to a rookie making his second NFL start. There are seven games remaining, and the locker room could be asking the coaches to make a change.

Grade: F-

That's just the Post~Gazette being harsh on a Pitt player. 😉
If Canada would take off the hand cuffs he would become the next Kurt Warner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT