ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Browns Gamethread

it would have been Bradshaw-esque. bad look for the steeler fan base in both cases
That’s exactly what I was thinking about last night. The parallels between the two. All that’s needed is for Ben to get off-season arm surgery buy his personal (non-team) doctor.

I guess it depends on what you definition of hating on is.

He was really bad tonight and the main reason the Steelers lost this game. He was once a great QB and is below average now, I’m not trying to hate on him, but facts are facts.
Yeah Ben definitely had a big part in the loss, in particular the 4 INT’s, but there was so much ‘ugly’ going on in all facets of the Steelers game, I’d have a hard time singling any out as the primary or main reason.

You give up a TD on the 1st play of the game on a snap that was so far over the QB’s head, inexcusable. I’ve seen comments about why Ben didn’t/couldn’t just fall on it. Looked to me like James had the best opportunity to do that and didn’t get it done.

I think we can all agree the defense didn’t show up at all. But it wasn’t just giving up points because of short fields after turnovers. We finally get a TD to make it 28-7 right before the half. What did the D do, alloy a +75-yard TD drive in just over a minute remaining time.

We get it to within 12 pts at the beginning of the 4th and the D again allows a long TD drive, not only in yards but also time.

The above is 21 pts right there that had zero to do with the INT’s.

We could also talk about coaching preparation and in game decisions. The punt on 4th n 1 from our own 40 when we were down 12 is one to question. But I think the more questionable punt was in the 1st half from the Browns 38 when we were down 28-0.

Bottom line, the entire team, coaches and players, can take considerable blame for the loss.

Reactions: Chaos
Yeah Ben definitely had a big part in the loss, in particular the 4 INT’s, but there was so much ‘ugly’ going on in all facets of the Steelers game, I’d have a hard time singling any out as the primary or main reason.

You give up a TD on the 1st play of the game on a snap that was so far over the QB’s head, inexcusable. I’ve seen comments about why Ben didn’t/couldn’t just fall on it. Looked to me like James had the best opportunity to do that and didn’t get it done.

I think we can all agree the defense didn’t show up at all. But it wasn’t just giving up points because of short fields after turnovers. We finally get a TD to make it 28-7 right before the half. What did the D do, alloy a +75-yard TD drive in just over a minute remaining time.

We get it to within 12 pts at the beginning of the 4th and the D again allows a long TD drive, not only in yards but also time.

The above is 21 pts right there that had zero to do with the INT’s.

We could also talk about coaching preparation and in game decisions. The punt on 4th n 1 from our own 40 when we were down 12 is one to question. But I think the more questionable punt was in the 1st half from the Browns 38 when we were down 28-0.

Bottom line, the entire team, coaches and players, can take considerable blame for the loss.
Agree Ben sucked, the coaches sucked, and the defense gave up way too many points. The team just collectively sucked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT