ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Titans

Omar Khan has done a much better job than Colbert in creating playable team depth.

The only misses are at 3rd WR and 2nd TE. Need weapon depth. Has hurt us this season.

I was happy when the Steelers drafted him, I thought he'd be good, here we are 20 games in and he's not cutting it, other younger QBs are outperforming him. myself I want the Steelers to have a top level QB no matter where he went to school, I'd rather have an all pro Nitter than a mediocre Panther, for me it's more important for the Steelers to succeed than for an individual Pitt guy to succeed. I root for the laundry, not the individuals in it. Kenny is winning games, but missing a lot of plays, has poor substandard stats, maybe he can reach the standard of 9-8 and get blown out in the wild card game because scoring TDs is too hard. Maybe he'll get better, but so far he is more Josh Rosen than Josh Allen.

They dont have a #1 WR. Pickens is a decent #2. That's the difference. Put a #1 on this team and Pickett is a Pro Bowler. The difference between Burrow and Pickett are the WRS

Ben was a few years younger when he got here, went 15-1 as a rookie starter, pounded both teams that played in the Super Bowl that year in consecutive weeks while nearly getting to it himself, and then won a Super Bowl in his second season while carrying the team on his back to beat the top three seeds in the AFC.

He might not have been a huge stats eater, but that stuff is going to build you some goodwill up. I agree that when he won close, low-scoring games people praised him and it's often the opposite with Kenny. But I think the difference is he beat the elite teams in the league and he also blew some teams out. The thing with Kenny: It's okay to not go off some weeks. But it also can't be the case that he never goes off. Especially against bad teams.

Kenny needs to get into a Drew Brees-esque zone and never look back. He can't do the superhuman things Ben could do. His game has to be consistency, and it's been anything but.
No argument that it has to get better but it's not horrifyingly bad, either. He's a couple of plays away from breaking out. It will come.

steelers my prediction .
10-7
pretty much fact , who knows if it will be good enough for playoffs

Your team's fate is determined by your win and loss record, not your personal stats or how you look.
Vince Young was the best QB I ever watched play college football.

He had "the look"

He had all the physical characteristics of an Elway or Bradshaw. Engineer a QB, and Vince Young would be the result.

Yet, we all know how that turned out. Intangibles matter.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
No argument that it has to get better but it's not horrifyingly bad, either. He's a couple of plays away from breaking out. It will come.
We’re all rooting for Kenny. Most of his problems are coachable. (staying in the pocket, seeing the entire field, accuracy). Whether he catches on will be up to him.

My question is: Are the Steelers doing everything they can do to make him better?

Can anyone tell me without looking who the QB coach is for the Steelers?

I dont watch a ton of NFL but being at the game last night, the "pace" was maddening. Boring as hell. The Steelers had 4 drives in the 1st Half. 4. They got a TD, FG and punted twice. In the 2nd Half, they only had 3 drives before their "run out the clock drive" which resulted in 3 runs up the middle and a punt. They got a FG and TD on those drives. I dont know what more PSU Steeler fans expect out of him. He missed a couple throws but he is fine. Just needs better WRs.

We’re all rooting for Kenny. Most of his problems are coachable. (staying in the pocket, seeing the entire field, accuracy). Whether he catches on will be up to him.

My question is: Are the Steelers doing everything they can do to make him better?

Good points, and I agree that (I hope) we are all rooting for Kenny (as Pitt fans). My answer to your final question is "no, I can't." And to think further, (which ties in your first question), Kenny was never better in college than when Whipple was both his QB coach and OC. Maybe Kenny needs that presence (QB coach) to help him achieve

Reactions: pittmeister

I agree. And the next question that begs an answer is....is there a coach in the Stiller organization that is capable of being a QB coach and helping Kenny? I have no idea who the QB coach is now. But whoever he is, he isn't doing a very good job.

Good questions. I certainly can't tell you whose job that is. I don't have much faith that Canada can do things to make him better.

Except for the one with Super Bowl rings , right ?
Ok that why I left a tiny bit of wiggle room. I didn’t google it but forgot about Arians. There’s no question he was a good head coach.

But for all the winning seasons it isn’t like teams come calling often to poach someone.

Under Cowher it seemed constant.

Ok that why I left a tiny bit of wiggle room. I didn’t google it but forgot about Arians. There’s no question he was a good head coach.

But for all the winning seasons it isn’t like teams come calling often to poach someone.

Under Cowher it seemed constant.
I mean -why should any of us care what coaches do when they leave ?
Ultimately it’s more a reflection of ownership and who they pay for .

I mean - it’s not like Cowher plucked guys from obscurity -
His “tree “ are all former head coaches and coordinators who he hired .
Mike malarkey is the only home grown guy

I mean -why should any of us care what coaches do when they leave ?
Ultimately it’s more a reflection of ownership and who they pay for .

I mean - it’s not like Cowher plucked guys from obscurity -
His “tree “ are all former head coaches and coordinators who he hired .
Mike malarkey is the only home grown guy
I don’t know that I care. But I do believe it’s a reflection of the quality of the assistants.

I don’t know that I care. But I do believe it’s a reflection of the quality of the assistants.
So-
If Brian Flores gets another HC job he’s a branch , right ?
Because if capers , lebeau, etc count for Cowher
belichek has the biggest active tree - but they all get fired mid season after failing .
And the Pats currently are worse offensively than the Steelers .
But I’m sure it makes pats fans feel better

So-
belichek has the biggest active tree - but they all get fired mid season after failing .
If you’d like, sure.

But how does Capers compare to Flores? Capers was a dback coach who Cowher hired for d coord then went on to be a head coach. Not quite the same. Just to be clear I wasn’t suggesting anyone had to be home grown.

And it’s interesting you brought up the Pats. Which is why I mentioned the Steelers winning seasons. Of course the Pats were FAR more successful but I would imagine just winning attracts interest.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
So-
Jus my $.02 but I don't think it counts as part of your "coaching tree" when a dude was a HC before you hired him. I think the idea is that the coaching tree is a reflection of your development and philosophies being carried forward by another coach. You can't really say that Tomlin developed Flores. If anything, Flores belongs to the Belichik tre.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT