ADVERTISEMENT

Vader: The New Hope: Capel Dials up Full Court Press on Recruiting, Part 2

Reported on twitter DJ Gordon in For game tonight. Hopeful we put in a strong performace and get a commit. Also wonder who else is there tonight.
Even in a loss if Pitts a little competitive JC will tell them “ With guys like you we can beat these guys. “

Reactions: PantherSouth
That did not take long. LOL. Hugley is coming back a 2nd time to Pitt just like you said for the Pitt Duke game. Just read it on Twitter. Hopefully the handler comes too. New Pitt commit here with Hugley? I'll take him.
Hugley and Gordon visits were confirmed on TOS over 24 hours before Vader's post. Plus, everyone else is trending Wabah to GTown. Not trying to be negative, just sharing facts. Let's go Pitt!

Hugley and Gordon visits were confirmed on TOS over 24 hours before Vader's post. Plus, everyone else is trending Wabah to GTown. Not trying to be negative, just sharing facts. Let's go Pitt!
What or who is TOS? I saw the visits from Jake on Twitter today then everyone retweeted the info. And Who recently is trending Wahab to Gtown? I know vader said Pitt was behind the whole time but caught up and was a coinflip or something like that. But what new people said this? Only thing Ive seen in the last 24 hours from anyone with a source was dokish who said its Pitt or Grown and Harry Psaros who said Pitt led the whole time. So people are saying different things. So who is the everyone to Gtown talk?

Christian Brown got cb'd to Pitt. And it looks like Browns mom is now following Capel and Trey on twitter. Thats huge, we need this guy big-time and I read he is friends and played with Trey before on twitter. Also read today an article on wahab from prephoops. It doesnt sound like hes made a decision. Imo it does sound like Grown may lead the way it was written, but Wahab mentioned both are freshmen and that he is watching Pitt games on tv. If he is watching Pitt games as he admitted, he is still strongly considering Pitt. That much is clear

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Christian Brown got cb'd to Pitt. And it looks like Browns mom is now following Capel and Trey on twitter. Thats huge, we need this guy big-time and I read he is friends and played with Trey before on twitter. Also read today an article on wahab from prephoops. It doesnt sound like hes made a decision. Imo it does sound like Grown may lead the way it was written, but Wahab mentioned both are freshmen and that he is watching Pitt games on tv. If he is watching Pitt games as he admitted, he is still strongly considering Pitt. That much is clear
Brown would provide immediate help.

Brown is more highly rated than Johnson and Trey were. Let that sink in with how far Capel has brought this team and changed the fan-base mentality in such a short time. Our schedule was front loaded and if the wins come in the back end, well don’t be shocked with a top 15 class.

Reactions: jctrack
Also read ny prospects updated state player rankings on twitter. The twins were just updated to the top 2 players in the entire state of NY!!!!!! RJ Davis was number 5. I said a few days ago I think Pitt will get the twins. Just an opinion from twitter and what I'm seeing, im not an expert on where recruits are going. The twins are moving up the rankings fast it appears just like Hugley and 247 updating him to composite 4 star. I still think 247 reads this message board, LOL. They changed Hugleys weight and ranking weight after I called them out, LOL.

Reactions: Drew1208
Also read ny prospects updated state player rankings on twitter. The twins were just updated to the top 2 players in the entire state of NY!!!!!! RJ Davis was number 5. I said a few days ago I think Pitt will get the twins. Just an opinion from twitter and what I'm seeing, im not an expert on where recruits are going. The twins are moving up the rankings fast it appears just like Hugley and 247 updating him to composite 4 star. I still think 247 reads this message board, LOL. They changed Hugleys weight and ranking weight after I called them out, LOL.
Would love to see the twins. They could both be here next year. I'm totally guessing that they classify for 19.

I’ll let it sink in when someone signs their LOI. CBs, top fives - better than not I guess cause at least there’s a chance. I do agree the arrow seems to be pointing up but it all means bupkis unless they sign.
What you say is true but we are on a lot of guys. Vader said the dam is going to break soon. And Harry Psaros tweeted last night he expects recruiting to really pick up in the next few weeks. Maybe Psaros read Vader I dont know, but he works for PSN and writes and interviews guys. Im staying positive. Capel is a good proven recruiter and I think the Stallings and Barnes stench still has Pitt fans thinking negative. If Pitt is having like 10 players visit within the next 30 days, its almost impossible to imagine we are going 0 for 10 with Capel.

You seem like a good addition to this board and should really consider a premium membership. Much of this stuff makes it to premium board days in advance. Unfortunately, both Jim Hammett and Vuk are predicting Wabah to GTown and there was a recent Twitter beef between his "handler" and Pitt Twitter account (which is not a good sign). But, with that said, Brown and Drumgoole would be excellent additions.

What you say is true but we are on a lot of guys. Vader said the dam is going to break soon. And Harry Psaros tweeted last night he expects recruiting to really pick up in the next few weeks. Maybe Psaros read Vader I dont know, but he works for PSN and writes and interviews guys. Im staying positive. Capel is a good proven recruiter and I think the Stallings and Barnes stench still has Pitt fans thinking negative. If Pitt is having like 10 players visit within the next 30 days, its almost impossible to imagine we are going 0 for 10 with Capel.

I am not opposed to Vader posting so I don’t wanna be accused of that like some have been. But until he has any credibility I couldn’t care less what he says. It astounds me so many people seem to be hanging on his every word.

He just shows up and all the sudden he’s a guru or some kind of expert?

I’m not saying he knows and I’m not saying he doesn’t. Everyone has to start somewhere. But he’s done/said nothing to establish he truly knows anything or has any real inside connections. I actually hope it turns out that he does. But it remains to be seen.

I am still optimistic with Capel. But for right now a lot of this stuff is noise. Ultimately like I said it’s the LOI but even a verbal would be welcome.

You seem like a good addition to this board and should really consider a premium membership. Much of this stuff makes it to premium board days in advance. Unfortunately, both Jim Hammett and Vuk are predicting Wabah to GTown and there was a recent Twitter beef between his "handler" and Pitt Twitter account (which is not a good sign). But, with that said, Brown and Drumgoole would be excellent additions.
The opinions are and have been different. Believe me I want to know if Vader is credible too. But Vader said Gtown led for Wahab going back to the middle of December. It was in his 2nd post, ive read all his posts and he said Pitt is playing catchup. PSN said the complete opposite. I read Harry on twitter. He said Pitt led the whole time for Wahab and that Wahab was about to verbal to Pitt the last announcement date. Vuk said the exact same thing on twitter about Pitt leading for wahab last announcement. I cant say what Jim Hammlet wrote. But Vader and PSN have been on opposite sides of the pole regards to who was previously leading for Wahab at the last annoumcement date. Chris Dokish said its pitt or georgetown,and his sources dont know. Dokish said that yesterday.

Reactions: CougarClaws
I am not opposed to Vader posting so I don’t wanna be accused of that like some have been. But until he has any credibility I couldn’t care less what he says. It astounds me so many people seem to be hanging on his every word.

He just shows up and all the sudden he’s a guru or some kind of expert?

I’m not saying he knows and I’m not saying he doesn’t. Everyone has to start somewhere. But he’s done/said nothing to establish he truly knows anything or has any real inside connections. I actually hope it turns out that he does. But it remains to be seen.

I am still optimistic with Capel. But for right now a lot of this stuff is noise. Ultimately like I said it’s the LOI but even a verbal would be welcome.
Some of us pay-board types started coming over frequently due to Vador. Even if he's just an aggregator, that has been very much needed on these boards. And he's fun and positive - another thing these boards are short of...

Some of us pay-board types started coming over frequently due to Vador. Even if he's just an aggregator, that has been very much needed on these boards. And he's fun and positive - another thing these boards are short of...
I quit the pay board which I joined for the express purpose of getting inside scoop on recruiting because they were hardly right .
When someone signs everyone finds out at the same time !

I’ll let it sink in when someone signs their LOI. CBs, top fives - better than not I guess cause at least there’s a chance. I do agree the arrow seems to be pointing up but it all means bupkis unless they sign.

Yup.

Dixon made plenty of top 5s. Top 5s don't mean anything if a player goes elsewhere.

Also, @DT_PITT seems to indicate he has friends or people in the know too. And DT said hes also heard some very positive recruiting developments, I read it on this board. Unless this is a case of monkey see monkey do here, it appears to me anyone with any type of potential Pitt source has heard good recruiting developments. DT, you still hearing good things on recruiting?

I quit the pay board which I joined for the express purpose of getting inside scoop on recruiting because they were hardly right .
When someone signs everyone finds out at the same time !
The Football board is and always has been the only one worth paying for.

New rivals article on Brown says down to 3 and decision coming "soon". Looks like we have a great chance here. Hopeful a visit to Pitt and commit in February. I like our recent momentum here the last 24 hours

Reactions: CougarClaws
I take it as a good sign that Hugley and his handler are both retweeting a bunch of Pitt stuff today. Yea I'm reading twitter and gauging my own additional interest these players have with Pitt. And I dont care, LOL. They are not tweetind and retweeting about other schools here, just Pitt stuff. That tells me they may have more interest in us right now. Time to get some commits here

So-
Your counter is to demonstrate how he was able to create enough separation to get off his shot-
To prove he couldn’t create his own shot.
If you don’t know the difference between a a spot-up shooter who shoots off the catch and a guy who can shoot off the bounce, there’s not a lot to debate.

But if you don’t know it by your own eyeballs when you see it, I suggest you take a look at Ashton Giibbs’ 3 point percentage as a junior when he was an off the ball shootet versus as a senior when he was a primary ballhandler and had to find a way to get his own shot.

Maybe he just lost his touch. To the time of a 15 percent dropoff.

If you don’t know the difference between a a spot-up shooter who shoots off the catch and a guy who can shoot off the bounce, there’s not a lot to debate.

But if you don’t know it by your own eyeballs when you see it, I suggest you take a look at Ashton Giibbs’ 3 point percentage as a junior when he was an off the ball shootet versus as a senior when he was a primary ballhandler and had to find a way to get his own shot.

Maybe he just lost his touch. To the time of a 15 percent dropoff.
I know the difference just fine.
Likewise you should understand the difference between catch and shoot-
And dribble to create separation and shoot.

Mason couldn't get his shot off against anyone with average athleticism. He would have never left the bench in a P5 conference.

He wouldn't have seen the court at Duquesne if they were even an average team.
Right. So fortunately for him he wasn’t good enough to play above the A10 level, so he was able to average over 18 ppg and go down as one of the best collegiate 3 point shooters of all time.
I know the difference just fine.
Likewise you should understand the difference between catch and shoot-
And dribble to create separation and shoot.
one quick dribble off the catch to step back or to a side to the get a shot off is not creating one’s own shot. That’s spot up shooting.

Feel free to disagree but I’m done debating something that really isn’t debatable, or even worth debating. Ashton couldn’t shoot off the bounce, was not a strong ball handler, and he couldn’t get to the rim. He was a spot up jump shooter with accuracy who lacked quickness and was vertically challenged. His weaknesses were on glaring display his senior year when he played primarily on the ball. His 3 point percentage dropped off a cliff. That’s why he never got a sniff from the NBA.

Reactions: Drew1208
Where he's playing now?

Right. So fortunately for him he wasn’t good enough to play above the A10 level, so he was able to average over 18 ppg and go down as one of the best collegiate 3 point shooters of all time.

one quick dribble off the catch to step back or to a side to the get a shot off is not creating one’s own shot. That’s spot up shooting.

Feel free to disagree but I’m done debating something that really isn’t debatable, or even worth debating. Ashton couldn’t shoot off the bounce, was not a strong ball handler, and he couldn’t get to the rim. He was a spot up jump shooter with accuracy who lacked quickness and was vertically challenged. His weaknesses were on glaring display his senior year when he played primarily on the ball. His 3 point percentage dropped off a cliff. That’s why he never got a sniff from the NBA.

Where he's playing now?
Same place as Gibbs.

Do you believe that the fact that he didn't make the NBA mean he wasn't a good college player?

If so, there aren't many good college players, and Pitt has had very few of them.

I wasn't inferred that he should be in the NBA but he landed nowhere in world after college. He now "trains" grade school kids at a largely abandoned mall.

Same place as Gibbs.

Do you believe that the fact that he didn't make the NBA mean he wasn't a good college player?

If so, there aren't many good college players, and Pitt has had very few of them.

Wahab to Georgetown, per twitter. Oh well. Im watching the twins to Pitt they killed it again last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT