ADVERTISEMENT

Vader: The New Hope: Capel Dials up Full Court Press on Recruiting, Part 2

Wahab to Georgetown, per twitter. Oh well. Im watching the twins to Pitt they killed it again last night.

Regardless of the article, signs/chatter are Wahab to Georgetown for the past month or so unfortunately. Not holding out hope that Pitt will land him.

Now for the twins, I'm all for their re-classification for 2019 and see where things go. Still need a Big, but maybe that'll be a Grad Transfer one.

Regardless of the article, signs/chatter are Wahab to Georgetown for the past month or so unfortunately. Not holding out hope that Pitt will land him.

Now for the twins, I'm all for their re-classification for 2019 and see where things go. Still need a Big, but maybe that'll be a Grad Transfer one.
It has been indicated that Wahab wants to go to Pitt, his mom wants him to go to Georgetown.

It is taking a little longer to settle this as it takes time to set up an account to hide and to give the laundered money to him directly so his mother has no access to the account (just kidding)

Last edited:

We need a Grad Transfer Big that can step in immediately no matter what happens IMO.

Reactions: Fsgolfdr
I think it will be funny if Wahab chooses neither Pitt or Gtown.

To maintain our upward trajectory we really need Wahab. I wouldn't be upset with some combination of Brown, Drumgoole, and the twins. I think the guy we need the most is Wahab. If we don't get him, then we are stuck going the grad transfer route. I think any of the players Capel is after will improve the team and obviously the team's depth, but with the Big Q, we can take that next step.

Who is TOS? You said everyone is trending Georgetown. You never responded. Who is everyone? Who is TOS? The premium board? Answer the question.
TOS is "the other site" which can be Vuk's site or it can also be 247. It is customary not to promote a site while on another site. My post was based around Vuk's forum titled "Latest Work on Qudus Wahab". Have a nice day!

Reactions: X2Wins Mother
Part 2

Henry Coleman

A player I had mentioned in the past. His stock should continue to rise as he continues his strong play with his high motor. I really like this kids game but it will be difficult to pull him to Pitt. While many , many, insiders think he is Virginia’s to lose, his inside circle and his father, a Virginia Tech alum, are pushing Virginia Tech hard. He has been to Pitt on an unofficial. Talk has been quiet but I hope we can get him back for a 2nd visit. He is very, very, good with stock rising.

John Hugley

As I mentioned in a prior post, it is more important being concerned if Pitt can actually land Hugley, as opposed to Hugley being deemed as a good basketball player. Multiple major programs are on him including the entire Big Ten and Louisville. Not only has multiple Michigan State assistants been down to see him recently, Tom Izzo himself has now officially visited him this week. Not only does Pitt want him, so does a bevy of other schools coming after him. He has recently been to Pitt with his coach / handler as I reported. Pitt has offered and I think he will make his way back to Pitt a 2nd time. As I said, his stock is rising fast and many programs are now trying to enter the picture. Once he gets into a major strength and conditioning program, his game could really take off.

Demarr Langford

Talk has been very quiet on Langford, a Top 100 guard from Putnam. He is down to 4 schools with Uconn as the perceived leader. He is eligible to reclassify to 2019 and has previously mentioned his strong relationship with Jeff Capel and mentioned he could see himself playing at Pitt with our guards. While Pitt is not viewed as the leader, we are on the short list and Uconn is currently facing a scholarship shortage.

Dematha

Ive talked about the duo of Dickinson and Timberlake a lot for well over a month. Dematha is ridiculously strong this year because of these two players. They have picked off and beat many Top 25 Nationally ranked teams this year and play the hardest high school schedule in the entire country and play in the toughest high school basketball league in the country and only have 1 loss to date. As mentioned, they are ranked #3 in the country in high school. These two players are two of the best overall fits for what Jeff Capel wants or very close to it. They offer anything you could ask for and are built for shut down defense for the transition game. Pitt continues to be in prime position for both and a 2nd visit will take place at Pitt for both of them. They should be at the top of everyone’s wish list.

Pitt is also monitoring DJ Gordon with no offer to date and Noah Collier where Pitt currently is on the outside looking in.

Make no mistake about it, the dam is going to break on Pitt recruiting soon and it should be expected that multiple players will be committing to Pitt in the near future. It is going to happen, Im telling you it is. And these aren’t going to be reaches that we pray will be good like we saw under Dixon and Stallings the last 5 years. These are legit D1 quality basketball players with legit D1 offers Jeff Capel is going to win in the recruiting process. Buckle your seatbelt, Jeff Capel has pushed the recruiting gas pedal to the floor and the results will show soon enough...
Pitt made the final 5 and is getting another visit on Timberlake. I read there is no leader for Timberlake however although the source is not one I have followed. But you got the visit correct first before anyone had a clue, congrats vader. Also reported Chritian Brown is down to 2 and not 3. Pitt made the final 2,if this is correct, again, you were correct. Also reported, the 4th source, wahab is pitt or Georgetown per psn sports network. They believe wahab to Georgetown.

Pitt made the final 5 and is getting another visit on Timberlake. I read there is no leader for Timberlake however although the source is not one I have followed. But you got the visit correct first before anyone had a clue, congrats vader. Also reported Chritian Brown is down to 2 and not 3. Pitt made the final 2,if this is correct, again, you were correct. Also reported, the 4th source, wahab is pitt or Georgetown per psn sports network. They believe wahab to Georgetown.
From 6 hours ago: Providence has remained a constant for Timberlake since he visited them in November. He said he still stays in regular contact with the coaching staff there. “It’s not like, I don’t think it’s as big as other schools, but it’s big enough for me,” Timberlake said. “I like how the school is, the coaching staff. They do a good job developing players and I like the way they play. Coach (Ed) Cooley is a really good dude and the rest of the staff is good people.”

Also, please educate us on Christian Brown being down to two? Illinois, NCST & Pitt seem to be the "three".

From 6 hours ago: Providence has remained a constant for Timberlake since he visited them in November. He said he still stays in regular contact with the coaching staff there. “It’s not like, I don’t think it’s as big as other schools, but it’s big enough for me,” Timberlake said. “I like how the school is, the coaching staff. They do a good job developing players and I like the way they play. Coach (Ed) Cooley is a really good dude and the rest of the staff is good people.”

Also, please educate us on Christian Brown being down to two? Illinois, NCST & Pitt seem to be the "three".
Thats not the Timberlake source I used. And Vader speculated the Brown info previously and reiterated it in the first post of this thread. PSN reported it today, he Also made a youtube video on it. Bossi reported yesterday Clemson is out. So it came from 3 different places. Vader, again, said it first. I'm not going to battle with you. You have your premium board. I have my twitter and im content with it very well.

Thats not the Timberlake source I used. And Vader speculated the Brown info previously and reiterated it in the first post of this thread. PSN reported it today, he Also made a youtube video on it. Bossi reported yesterday Clemson is out. So it came from 3 different places. Vader, again, said it first. I'm not going to battle with you. You have your premium board. I have my twitter and im content with it very well.
Could you "two" posters be the same guy, arguing with yourself?

I like your enthusiasm bro, and the positivity - which is in short supply on Pitt message boards.

I like your enthusiasm bro, and the positivity - which is in short supply on Pitt message boards.
I also read, contrary to the Pitt insiders, Georgetown does not lead or is the frontrunner for Wahab,issued today. This came right off a major insider covering Georgetown. This information is fwiw and as is. Im not speculating on anything. The same person did not mention who is leading, but said Georgetown is not. Again, this post is "as is" info.

Reactions: CougarClaws
John Hugley eligible to reclassify to 2019, reported tonight after the Pitt / Cuse game.

Karim Coulibaly visiting Pitt right now, was at yesterdays game per media.

Oh really? Must've missed that piece of news. Thanks!
Still think he needs to take the ACT before anything can happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT