ADVERTISEMENT

Ot: penguins

[Even with the score at 3-1, I was watching Murray. Murray looked extremely uncomfortable. I do not know if it was the conditions or something else.

The last 2 goals were horrendous

The Pens organization doesn't believe in it. I think Sullivan, much like his mentor Tortarella would play those guys. Mario doesn't believe in it and doesn't want it. I agree with him.
That's why Mario had only 2 cups as a player and kept retiring because the other teams were mean to him. It's also why Crosby and Malkin will only have 3 and both have missed games by the hundred. Look at the talent the organization has had. 5 Cups is a big disappointment. The whole organization is soft and stupid.

That's why Mario had only 2 cups as a player and kept retiring because the other teams were mean to him. It's also why Crosby and Malkin will only have 3 and both have missed games by the hundred. Look at the talent the organization has had. 5 Cups is a big disappointment. The whole organization is soft and stupid.
How many franchises have had 5 Cups in the last 50 years?

Reactions: FreeportPanther
NHL trade deadline 3PM today ...... doubt any major deal for the Pens but you never know ..... depending on the status of Letang and Dumoulin, maybe pick up a depth D-man ...... they also may call up a D-man or two from WBS (Prow/Trotman).

Three big games this week all away ...... Columbus, Buffalo, Montreal ..... can they pull it together ? ...... doesn't look real good right now.

Yes-
When we are talking about his stats.

Not the goalie for another team.
But like i said- it’s not a comfortable topic for you so you have to deflect.

But seriously, how in the hell does he have a better save % than Marc Andre Fleury? Or Brayden Holtby? Or Bob. Or King Henrik? When Murray was so effing rotten at the beginning of the year, and over the last week? (and I am not saying this with sarcasm) I mean it is one of those statistical anomalies I guess.

They'll probably end up with McQuaid today. They might kick the tires on Del Zotto too. Seen Ceci mentioned a couple times...pass.

Winger wise...they probably should just stay put. I wanted Simmonds, but saturday killed that. Nyquist was the other one, but he went to the sharks last night. Chaisson stinks, don't waste assets on him.

Rutherford was able to make a trade today. Acquired D Erik Gudbranson from Vancouver. Big, physical defenseman. Was really good in Florida, not as much with Vancouver.

Rutherford was able to make a trade today. Acquired D Erik Gudbranson from Vancouver. Big, physical defenseman. Was really good in Florida, not as much with Vancouver.

Good move. Gets Pearson the hell out of here and gets a capable defenseman for the next month.

One of the PENS issues this season, in addition to roll the dice Murray, is Rutherford with his trades gone bad plan.

He traded away perfectly good players ( Cole and others) who were key pieces of the PENS win plan for players who were busts like Brassard ( gone), the Dallas Big Rig ( gone), and others who ended up being square pegs in round holes.

Hopefully he can secure a few players who work out to carry the PENS into the playoffs and to another Cup win!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Gudbranson isn't a very good but Pearson wasn't doing much and wasn't coming back next year. But did you see Gudbranson's contract? $4million per for another 2 years?!?! Between him and JJ, Rutherford is going to be carrying a lot of dead wood.

Brassard was traded to the AVs

Sprong has 9 goals in 45 games and projects somewhere around 15 to 17 over a full season. Not a big loss IMO.

Should be interesting to see if the Pens can find another gear down the stretch.

Also will be interesting to see if Murray can get his head back on straight after the horrible goals he let in at the end of the Flyers game. In the last two games hes played hes let in three really soft goals.

Gudbranson isn't a very good but Pearson wasn't doing much and wasn't coming back next year. But did you see Gudbranson's contract? $4million per for another 2 years?!?! Between him and JJ, Rutherford is going to be carrying a lot of dead wood.

I know his contract is ridiculous but JJ should find himself in the press box more often than not. Ruhwedel is much better in relative terms.

Rutherford doing his best to slam the Pens championship window shut.

Sullivan won't play him. If we lose two defense men in a game, Sullivan will play a forward on defense instead

For trading Tanner Pearson? I mean, who did you think Rutherford was going to be able to acquire without giving up a major core piece? Drew Doughty?
Rutherford is not the problem, Sullivan is. He worries more about power plays than his players well being

I wouldn't mind seeing him slammed from behind or hit in the head a few times.

For trading Tanner Pearson? I mean, who did you think Rutherford was going to be able to acquire without giving up a major core piece? Drew Doughty?

Next 2 years they’ll have $7 million committed to 2 players that will not appear on a championship roster. As I stated yesterday, the signs of decline are clear and they’ll need to be visionary in retooling around an aging core. Committing those resources to such players is how they’ll become the next Blackhawks, not win another Cup. Hope I’m wrong or they find a way out of the hole they’re quickly creating.

Next 2 years they’ll have $7 million committed to 2 players that will not appear on a championship roster. As I stated yesterday, the signs of decline are clear and they’ll need to be visionary in retooling around an aging core. Committing those resources to such players is how they’ll become the next Blackhawks, not win another Cup. Hope I’m wrong or they find a way out of the hole they’re quickly creating.
I think Jj is maligned because of his contract-
He’s capable.

Of course people dog maata, too - I think unfairly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT