ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The mess that is the Penguins

Penguins players still getting cheap shots.
Reaves now in the press box watching.
Klim Kostin developing into a very good prospect.

Yep, i’d say that trade was a success. Keep adding grit you old funk. The game has moved on, lear from your past 2 cups.

Jesus Christ. It was a bad deal no doubt. But my god, the guy is allowed a bad deal, right? He made enough to win the last 2 Cups. Who are you anyways, it is like anything that happened with the Penguins the past 2 seasons don't count for anything. I demand perfection every night type of guy. I am sorry, you haven't followed hockey long enough to have that attitude. Relax.

Jesus Christ. It was a bad deal no doubt. But my god, the guy is allowed a bad deal, right? He made enough to win the last 2 Cups. Who are you anyways, it is like anything that happened with the Penguins the past 2 seasons don't count for anything. I demand perfection every night type of guy. I am sorry, you haven't followed hockey long enough to have that attitude. Relax.

If you think anything you have done in the past gives you a free ride in the NHL, then you obviously haven’t followed hockey that much. That’s NFL mentality, hockey flips coaches and gm’s faster than i change my underwear.

If you think anything you have done in the past gives you a free ride in the NHL, then you obviously haven’t followed hockey that much. That’s NFL mentality, hockey flips coaches and gm’s faster than i change my underwear.

You are right but coming off back to back cups and GMJR making numerous moves that helped them win that cup does give him a little wiggle room on one bad deal.

After all the good he has done, are you really going to kill him over one bad deal?

Exact players not known, but buffalo is looking for 3-4 pieces for Kane. Apparently Pens offered Sheary and another piece, Botteril rejected. Asking price for Kane way too high.

Yeah I would agree. I would rather package Sheary and say a 2nd for JP Pageau. We really don't need another winger. Kane is too much IMO, and not worth the return. Plus, Pageau is not a rental. And he plays.....3rd line Center.

Reactions: Jpripper88
You are right but coming off back to back cups and GMJR making numerous moves that helped them win that cup does give him a little wiggle room on one bad deal.

After all the good he has done, are you really going to kill him over one bad deal?

That's my point. The piling on of Murray who had a bad month or so, and now Rutherford over one bad deal, my god.....how effing spoiled are some of these fans? I know "last year is last year", but some of you would fire people, I mean god forbid Sid has a bad 2 weeks again, some of you would want to dump him for Kane.

Reactions: gary2 and pitt2533
I'd like to see Simon get some more time with Crosby. He had a few shifts last night and they seemed to have some good chemistry.

I've become a big Oleksiak fan. He seems to have the whole package. What a great move that was!

I'd like to see Simon get some more time with Crosby. He had a few shifts last night and they seemed to have some good chemistry.

I've become a big Oleksiak fan. He seems to have the whole package. What a great move that was!

"a few shifts"? He has been playing regular wing on Sid's line for the entire month now.

Right, he had nothing to do with it.

Prior to him coming, the same Pens management failed to make the right moves right.

And if you are right, then he wouldn't have made the Reaves deal either.

This is stupid. I am not going to even debate this nonsense. Trying to avoid giving him any credit for moves this team made that helped them become back to back cup winners is delusional. Was it a team effort across the organization? Yeah I am sure it was but he was a big part of their success the last two years.

If you haven't noticed, it is the same guy, everyday creating 2 or 3 screen names spewing this crap. Just ignore him.

Reactions: pitt2533
He got bumped last night with Rust's return. I hope he stays.

Well I think that is with a lead, because Sheary's ice time was also diminished some, I think the 4th line wingers got bumped up more with Sid for defensive purposes.

By the way Sid was 73% on faceoffs last night. Fantastic.

Jordan Staal was an astounding 12 out of 14. My god, Staal would be the perfect 3rd line Center. Great on draws, great on the PK and defense and can score you 17-20 goals. Unfortunately he has a #1 or 2 Center contract and he is not a #1 or #2 Center on a contender.

Why not? WBS needs a Calder Cup. Murray amassed two Stanelys in two seasons. Hell, he could probably sweep the series and come back in time for the big boy playoffs.

Don't engage with him, he is just a bleep stirrer. Regardless of what has happened this year (and in the past few years), the Pens are in a nice place in the net for sure. Again the same of it is, that this past year was an expansion year because they could have probably moved MAF for some piece.

Reactions: Jakey_John
Botterill was gone before the draft, try and catch up.. Try and read more about Hockey and post less..

The Reeves trade was one of the Worst Trades On Draft Day in recent memory, except for St. Louis.. Gm’s across the league were openly laughing when it was announced..
The Reaves for Sundqvist part was fine, but giving up the 30th pick was definitely the kicker. There's no guaranteeing the Penguins would have drafted Kostin so it's not really fair to act like the Pens gave him up in the deal.

Tristan Jarry sent back to WBS today..... as predicted yesterday, a goalie sent back to WBS to get more work.

yeah but not less than a year after a 2nd straight cup

Tristan Jarry sent back to WBS today..... as predicted yesterday, a goalie sent back to WBS to get more work.
Desmith earned the nod

Then will likely flip flop based on play.

Good problems- assuming Murray returns to form. The backup will get 30-40% of the starts until Murray proves capable and durable enough to be an everyday #1 goalie for a season.

Desmith earned the nod

Then will likely flip flop based on play.

Good problems- assuming Murray returns to form. The backup will get 30-40% of the starts until Murray proves capable and durable enough to be an everyday #1 goalie for a season.

Yeah I think they have 8 more back to backs, and I am fine with the hot goalie getting the nod. The Pens are basically in win now, win alot mode, the loser point make it really hard to climb the standings.

That's a definite possibility. I knew keeping Cole out early on was because they wanted to use him as trade bait. I didn't think it was dragging on this long but who knows? This is a very interesting development.

It might be possible that Maatta is not scratched and will play tonight and just didn't practice today ...... at this time I haven't seen it confirmed that Matta is out for tonight ..... it has been confirmed that DeSmith is in net tonight.

That's exactly what it is. He is playing tonight

Hunwick is probably out because Cole is better. If the intent is to trade anybody it will probably be done over the AS break.

Pens playing good tonight.
Crosby 3 points . Inching closer to NHL lead. Only 6 back i think.
Nice way to end before All Star Break.

I would start DeSmith tonight .... the guy has been truly outstanding the last 3 games .... at some point Murray will take over but he will need to get back to last years form.

That’s happened the past 2 years. Use a hot goalie to get us to the playoffs, then get out of the way and let the closer take the glory.

Minnesota goalies are thinking “what the hell did we do to piss these guys off?”

Just like that the Pens aren’t so messy anymore. 3rd in the division at the break.
Could be anywhere from 2nd to 6th with how close the Metro is. Going to be an interesting second half following the All-Star break. Should be well rested and ready for a run given how they just came off a bye week.

Yeah a lot of good teams in the division are going to be on the outside looking in this year.

Dea sent back to WBS which likely means that Rowney is ready to come back.

I suspect (nothing announced or confirmed yet) that Murray will be in goal for the next game Tuesday ..... if he is in net, hopefully, he will get back to his form from last season.

Exact players not known, but buffalo is looking for 3-4 pieces for Kane. Apparently Pens offered Sheary and another piece, Botteril rejected. Asking price for Kane way too high.

Well, that’s a relief because I don’t even want Evander Kane!

First of all, before we get into anything involving his personality, let me first acknowledge that he is a fast and powerful skater who can really shoot the puck. However, we need a center and he does not play center. We are very limited in our cap space and we cannot afford to add more than one quality player and that player has to be a center.

Also, there is a reason why all of the Winnipeg players put all of his clothing in the shower and then put it outside the locker room, and it’s not because he’s a great guy. He is a classic malcontent and his own teammates don’t even like him, which is why Winnipeg was willing to deal such a talented player and why Buffalo is open for business too.

Everyone wants to win. Not everyone acts like a jackass when he loses.

More to the point, He. Doesn’t. Play. Center.

Luckily the Pens did .
Kessel deserves credit, playing great.
Malkin is firing pucks to the net, and Crosby is consistent.

Murray does need to pick it up, but this is an above average team for winning 2 cups in a row already.
better than the Presidents winning caps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT