ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers/ Belichicks

He won't hire anyone who will take any attention away from him. He's an attention whore and it's all about Mike Tomlin.

And his "star studded" defense just gave up a 15 yard run to close the game.
Such a dumb narrative. Do you actually believe that to be true?

This actually may be a record. A team playoff bound at the time, losing to the worst team in the league two weeks in a row at home.

Three playoff wins since 2011, right?

Thats a decade of: suck.

Bill Balls on Chin O’Brien‘s offense just beat Mike Tomlin’s Steelers.

Really really dumb call on 4th down, all or nothing play that made no sense. It was 4th and 2, not 4th and 10+. Hell a handoff to Harris would’ve made more sense and probably worked.

A coach‘s main job at any level is to have your team motivated and ready to play. The fact that Tomlin didn’t after the debacle last week and players chirping all this week is solely on him. There’s no excuse to lose back to back home games to these two teams no matter how you look at it.

As a result Tomlin is going to be under increasing heat for the first time in his tenure, and it’s deserved.

You could tell that in the interview after halftime. He couldn't tell the audience what needed to be done, he just threw out a bunch of cliches.
Tomlin reminds me of a couple people I've come across in my career. Articulate as hell and seemingly intelligent on the surface, but completely exposed when you start to peel back the layers. It's all packaging and no contents.

Why bother with a timeout there? Let the extra second run off and then tell your punter to pound the ball into the end zone.

4th & 2, throw it 45 yards down field.

Now, watch them throw it five yards

Tomlin reminds me of a couple people I've come across in my career. Articulate as hell and seemingly intelligent on the surface, but completely exposed when you start to peel back the layers. It's all packaging and no contents.
He was always a cheerleader. He never outcoached anyone ever.
He drafts LBs every season ... He won a Super Bowl because James Harrison made an insane play and Ben and Santonio as well. he is a 1000 fraud.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Really really dumb call on 4th down, all or nothing play that made no sense. It was 4th and 2, not 4th and 10+. Hell a handoff to Harris would’ve made more sense and probably worked.

A coach‘s main job at any level is to have your team motivated and ready to play. The fact that Tomlin didn’t after the debacle last week and players chirping all this week is solely on him. There’s no excuse to lose back to back home games to these two teams no matter how you look at it.

As a result Tomlin is going to be under increasing heat for the first time in his tenure, and it’s deserved.
From who? The fans can't fire him. The Rooney's and National media want to hump him!!

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Bailey Zappe is light years ahead of Mitch Trubisky.
Had they switched uniforms Trubisky would’ve led the Patriots to victory tonight, as would’ve DTR or Aidan O’Connell or Tommy DeVito or any other scrub QB. These guys and I mean the defense especially were not ready to play in the first half and wouldn’t have stopped anyone.

They made Zeke Elliott look shifty with a burst, we haven’t seen that in years. Totally inexcusable

Reactions: sonofabit
Had they switched uniforms Trubisky would’ve led the Patriots to victory tonight, as would’ve DTR or Aidan O’Connell or Tommy DeVito or any other scrub QB. These guys and I mean the defense especially were not ready to play in the first half and wouldn’t have stopped anyone.

They made Zeke Elliott look shifty with a burst, we haven’t seen that in years. Totally inexcusable
I know there are some injuries but no excuses the past 2 weeks. But when you really take a look at this defense, you have TJ, Highsmith and Minkah. Porter has good promise but the other 7 are just 7 guys collecting a paycheck.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Yep. You can be like the Penguins and go down with your stars and add years to the rebuild, or you could start accumulating draft picks.
They're doing the Penguins thing unfortunately :( Stockpile picks with those 2 and start a good rebuild in the draft and with intelligent FA signings.

He was always a cheerleader. He never outcoached anyone ever.
He drafts LBs every season ... He won a Super Bowl because James Harrison made an insane play and Ben and Santonio as well. he is a 1000 fraud.
The GM makes the roster

As a staunch Tomlin supporter, this loss does it for me. Maybe it’s similar to Andy Reid’s ending in Philadelphia where he was still a good coach that just needed a fresh start, but it’s time. His mantra has gone stale, he’s no longer pushing the right buttons, and he appears to no longer have a grip on the locker room. Losing twice in a row to 2-10 teams, in the middle of a playoff race, is unacceptable.

Reactions: pittpsu and BFo8
Cam Heyward is a loser , he is .
He doesnt have the fire to win . He is a soft kid that grew up with money .
He can talk all day on TV,,,he is not a winner.

How did the Steelers win in the 70s ?

As a staunch Tomlin supporter, this loss does it for me. Maybe it’s similar to Andy Reid’s ending in Philadelphia where he was still a good coach that just needed a fresh start, but it’s time. His mantra has gone stale, he’s no longer pushing the right buttons, and he appears to no longer have a grip on the locker room. Losing twice in a row to 2-10 teams, in the middle of a playoff race, is unacceptable.
It looks bad BUT you do realize they were tied with Arizona and about to go ahead before their starting qb goes down?

Then first play tonight their best player goes down. His teams have always had issues with injuries to key players

Some people dont understand the importance of the Steelers in Pittsburgh if you dont live here.
Art2 is a deer in headlights.
Soo much of Pittsburgh's economy is tied into this team.
Mike Tomlin is steady ,,,cant afford to be worse.
BUT us as fans hate that.

It looks bad BUT you do realize they were tied with Arizona and about to go ahead before their starting qb goes down?
For sure, but I honestly don't feel like allowing Tomlin to use that excuse. Same goes for tonight.

If you’re a top ten head coach and are fighting for a playoff spot, I’d expect the team to rally and defeat 2-10 team. They were gashed on Sunday (on top of being undisciplined) and they completely flatlined to begin tonight. Again, I just don’t think that excuse should be acceptable against two 2-10 teams, especially one who’s starting a backup QB themselves.

I just can’t get over the fact that they looked so flat last week that their professionalism was questioned, multiple players alluded to the fact they weren’t prepared to play, and they still came out like that against a horrible team tonight.

It should’ve been the easiest job in the world to have these guys motivated for this game at home on national tv against a lousy opponent and make amends, and somehow they still came out even flatter than they were the week before.

It tells me Tomlin has lost this team, and I don’t think he’ll be able to get them back. They may come back and beat Indy next week, but with the blown opportunity of the last two weeks it’s not going to matter in the long run.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The GM makes the roster
There is no coach in the nfl more involved in The draft process than Tomlin. Tomlin has always been the first to say that the player evaluation process is his favorite part of the job, and you won’t see an nfl coach more visible at the all star games, pro days, etc. Tomlin built this roster. Don’t kid yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT