ADVERTISEMENT

Vader Recruiting: Top returning talent in the ACC and Next Years Team

@BballinsiderfromPitt suggested 8-10 PPG, and therefore I'd suggest that we put his range into the mix was well. So let's say 8-13 PPG, which means between 10-11 PPG is smack dab in the middle.

I think what we should also note that if Horton comes in here and averages 10.5- 11 PPG, this is a GREAT THING!! As fans, we all want things to happen more quickly and in a bigger way. But if HC Capel was able to snag a Colonial Conference Guard who averaged 13PPG in that league who was able to come in here and seize a starting spot good enough to average 11 ppg in the ACC, this should be considered an absolute coup!

I know many are thinking he'll even do better than this. Personally, although I'm cautious to get on board with such thoughts at this stage, but I'm hopeful for sure.
I just don’t want ti see him have the many clunkers we saw from McGowens. Remember, he’s older and more mature than most sophomore guards in the ACC too, so that should help him navigate the occasional poor outside shooting nights he will most certainly confront.

I just don’t want ti see him have the many clunkers we saw from McGowens. Remember, he’s older and more mature than most sophomore guards in the ACC too, so that should help him navigate the occasional poor outside shooting nights he will most certainly confront.

Not quite. Ithiel Horton is actually younger than Trey Mcgowens. Horton is only 19 years old right now. When Horton played at Delaware he was one of the "youngest" freshmen in the entire United States. He came to college early, if you want to call it that, just like Justin Champagnie who was one of the youngest freshmen in all of D1 last year. Their birthdays are 3 days apart.

Its almost amazing that Horton and Champagnie were barely 18 year old kids entering college and a player like Tyrese Radford was a 21 year old redshirt freshmen at Virginia Tech.

At some point, the National Recruiting system is going to change and players are going to be ranked according to age group, not what class they are "officially" in. Having 2 or potentially 3+ year age gaps from kids in the same recruiting class is ridiculous. As I pointed out, Femi is the guy that is much older and mature as a freshmen. Femi is 20 right now and Will Jeffress is 16.

Not quite. Ithiel Horton is actually younger than Trey Mcgowens. Horton is only 19 years old right now. When Horton played at Delaware he was one of the "youngest" freshmen in the entire United States. He came to college early, if you want to call it that, just like Justin Champagnie who was one of the youngest freshmen in all of D1 last year. Their birthdays are 3 days apart.

Its almost amazing that Horton and Champagnie were barely 18 year old kids entering college and a player like Tyrese Radford was a 21 year old redshirt freshmen at Virginia Tech.

At some point, the National Recruiting system is going to change and players are going to be ranked according to age group, not what class they are "officially" in. Having 2 or potentially 3+ year age gaps from kids in the same recruiting class is ridiculous. As I pointed out, Femi is the guy that is much older and mature as a freshmen. Femi is 20 right now and Will Jeffress is 16.
Well then McGowens has no excuse for his immaturity

To be fair, all 3 of these players were very young for their class when they came to college. It also highlights that their is a lot of room for "growth" and "high potential" for Horton and Champ considering their age and what they did as true freshmen. This fact a lone should have everyone very excited because they are indeed far younger than their peers as freshmen.

Carl Krauser's name has been tossed up a few times before for how he was beating up the competition in practice before his career started at Pitt. Krauser was 21 1/2 years old before he played his first game at Pitt.

The upside potential and growth for both Champ and Horton is tremendous with relation to their age. Their stats are even more impressive considering their age.

It also should to a degree keep expectations for Will Jeffress on the lower side because of his age his first season. He is a full year younger than both Horton and Champ entering college. Jeffress most likely will be the youngest D1 basketball player in the entire country

To be fair, all 3 of these players were very young for their class when they came to college. It also highlights that their is a lot of room for "growth" and "high potential" for Horton and Champ considering their age and what they did as true freshmen. This fact a lone should have everyone very excited because they are indeed far younger than their peers as freshmen.

Carl Krauser's name has been tossed up a few times before for how he was beating up the competition in practice before his career started at Pitt. Krauser was 21 1/2 years old before he played his first game at Pitt.

The upside potential and growth for both Champ and Horton is tremendous with relation to their age. Their stats are even more impressive considering their age.

It also should to a degree keep expectations for Will Jeffress on the lower side because of his age his first season. He is a full year younger than both Horton and Champ entering college. Jeffress most likely will be the youngest D1 basketball player in the entire country

There will be times when Jeffress will look exactly like a high schooler against men. We will just have to be comfortable knowing that during certain situations, it will be better if HCJC doesn't have him in the game.

DT I agree that he will look young early but shoul look a lot better by mid season he said he played against older guys in the summers which will help in his maturity. I always played against older guys myself when I used to go down to Mellon Park and Reizenstein in the Summers and play against the order guys it definitely helped my game a whole lot and my maturity.
There will be times when Jeffress will look exactly like a high schooler against men. We will just have to be comfortable knowing that during certain situations, it will be better if HCJC doesn't have him in the game.

DT I agree that he will look young early but shoul look a lot better by mid season he said he played against older guys in the summers which will help in his maturity. I always played against older guys myself when I used to go down to Mellon Park and Reizenstein in the Summers and play against the order guys it definitely helped my game a whole lot and my maturity.

I don't expect a big change "midseason." I expect ups and downs the entire year for him. I think there will be good games and no show games all the way to the postseason, whatever that holds for us.

I think the biggest step forward will happen for William between his freshman and sophmore year.

Your probably right I just don't like to pigeonhole a guy who is very mature for his age but he's probably going to do more what you said though.
I don't expect a big change "midseason." I expect ups and downs the entire year for him. I think there will be good games and no show games all the way to the postseason, whatever that holds for us.

I think the biggest step forward will happen for William between his freshman and sophmore year.

MCGowens just turned 20 this month. He played 2 full seasons before turning 20. Also heard, he grew an inch his freshman year, which may speak to his inconsistency due to his lack of physical and mental maturation/development.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT