ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Disney released the teaser trailer for the Disney+ Series yesterday. I have to say that this project has me pretty excited.

I do think everything Disney Star Wars has put out, other than Rogue One, has been trash. There were a couple Mandalorian episodes what were okparticularly the season 2 finale.

deborah Chow is directing all 6 episodes of Kenobi, and that has me hopeful. The episodes of Mandalorian that she did were the better ones. My beef overall beef with Mandalorian and Boba Fett was that the series was like watching a live action cartoon. I’m hoping Kenobi is better written and has a much better feel.

May 25 is right around the corner.

Will it have another Death Star? 2 Death Stars and a Death Planet weren't enough.

There were a couple Mandalorian episodes what were okparticularly the season 2 finale.

deborah Chow is directing all 6 episodes of Kenobi, and that has me hopeful. The episodes of Mandalorian that she did were the better ones. My beef overall beef with Mandalorian and Boba Fett was that the series was like watching a live action cartoon.

I have enjoyed The Mandalorian. Some episodes are much better than others for sure. Some bad cheesy (low budget) looking characters and some kind of lame episodes too but it is way better than The Book of Boba Fett. Way better.

Every Book of Boba Fett episode so far has been close to unwatchable. The writing is awful. The acting is bad and even the costumes have been stupid . Just painfully bad story lines that feel meaningless. The only episodes I’ve enjoyed (and they were just okay) we’re the ones with The Mandalorian, Grigio and Cad Bane.

I have enjoyed The Mandalorian. Some episodes are much better than others for sure. Some bad cheesy (low budget) looking characters and some kind of lame episodes too but it is way better than The Book of Boba Fett. Way better.

Every Book of Boba Fett episode so far has been close to unwatchable. The writing is awful. The acting is bad and even the costumes have been stupid . Just painfully bad story lines that feel meaningless. The only episodes I’ve enjoyed (and they were just okay) we’re the ones with The Mandalorian, Grigio and Cad Bane.

Not sure I will watch the Book of Boba Fett. I'm guessing that it's more 'episode of the week' style, whereas The Mandalorian has a (mostly) running story.

The last episode of season two actually FELT like watching Star Wars. They nailed it. Something that Disney failed to do with the new trilogy. The Disney/JarJar Abrams movies are EPICLY bad in terms of continuing the Star Wars story. I'm still in awe of how badly they Effed that up. If I were to purposely troll Star Wars fans then it would have been harder to do a better job then they did.

Not sure I will watch the Book of Boba Fett. I'm guessing that it's more 'episode of the week' style, whereas The Mandalorian has a (mostly) running story.

The last episode of season two actually FELT like watching Star Wars. They nailed it. Something that Disney failed to do with the new trilogy. The Disney/JarJar Abrams movies are EPICLY bad in terms of continuing the Star Wars story. I'm still in awe of how badly they Effed that up. If I were to purposely troll Star Wars fans then it would have been harder to do a better job then they did.
See, I thought mandalorian was largely episode of the week type stuff and Boba Fett was essentially Mandalorian season 2.5. As much as I like Filoni and Happy Hogan for their respect of the fans and the product, I’m still unsure of their story telling. I’m hoping Kenobi breaks away in its own way and takes us back to the way we felt when watching the original trilogy.

And you have to watch Boba Fett before season 3 of Mando.

It was 75% back story
15% setting up the story
10% telling a story

the best part was flushing out the Tusken raiders are full and interesting characters

How about those young kids on the colored scooters? It just struck me that Disney gratuitously inserted them into the show for no other reason than to simply sell toys. Just reminded me of the Power Rangers or Teletubbies.
It was 75% back story
15% setting up the story
10% telling a story

the best part was flushing out the Tusken raiders are full and interesting characters

How about those young kids on the colored scooters? It just struck me that Disney gratuitously inserted them into the show for no other reason than to simply sell toys. Just reminded me of the Power Rangers or Teletubbies.
They were interesting characters , the scooters were just distracting

Right? It didn't fit with the atmosphere of the rest of the show and it distracted me every time they were in a scene. And they pretty dull and useless as far as characters go.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Right? It didn't fit with the atmosphere of the rest of the show and it distracted me every time they were in a scene. And they pretty dull and useless as far as characters go.
The main two characters of the mods were interesting
Their only purpose was to show how Fett gained loyalty through respect vs force or intimidation - also was fennec Shand backs him (also a mod - but not by choice )

the mods remind me of the antagonist in Logan - the enhanced bounty hunters .

They were interesting characters , the scooters were just distracting
Nothing interesting about them at all. No character development. But hey, one day they’ll get their own show.

back to your Moon Knight comment, what excites you? I’m not a comic book guy so I don’t have that to pull from. And there’s said to be no connective tissue between this and other current Marvel movies or series, and part of what makes Marvel enjoyable for me is the connectivity of all the projects. All of this said, I thought Oscar Isaac was the most interesting of all the actors cast in the Star Wars sequel trilogy and frankly the only one interesting.

It does appear that moon knight will connect with future films/series in production (Blade, Dane Wittman, and a couple others). So hopefully this show is captivating and launches this portion of the MCU the right way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT