ADVERTISEMENT

Where has “Captain Reilly” gone?

I believe he said after the season he was going to call it quits from the message boards as he was done with all the back and forth banter with/about Penn State.

I had one poster on ignore and it was him.
If you've been around the pantherlair long enough to know that his former name was Gridiron Sage and read some of his posts then?

Peak kicked him off the board then because of insane posts and came back as CSR.

I had one poster on ignore and it was him.
If you've been around the pantherlair long enough to know that his former name was Gridiron Sage and read some of his posts then?

Peak kicked him off the board then because of insane posts and came back as CSR.
Yes, I remember Gridiron Sage. Fondly.

Maybe it's my weird sense of humor, but I always got a laugh out of Sage, and The good Captain.

One can't deny the man's passion.

I believe he said after the season he was going to call it quits from the message boards as he was done with all the back and forth banter with/about Penn State.
Say what you will but I liked, and smiled a lot, reading the Captains post.

Cap't was the best !!

he was not tired of the peddstate stuff, he offered info that many asked of him..

Reactions: old pitt
Maybe the mods need to come up with Captain Reilly Day. Beg him to jump back for one day of all things Captain. He can color font his ass off and I wouldn’t mind.

He was a good poster

I enjoyed repartee with GIS back on the old pasportsfever board

Avella Eagle forever!I really think Franklin's success put the good Captain out to sea forever.He always stated 5-6 things they would keep James from being successful at Psu and that didn't happen.I think he liked and hated Joe Pa at the same time.Deep down he was hurt Joe didn't recruit him but he still liked him.Personally I liked him and I miss all his stuff about Wvu and Psu.Maybe his ship will land again at the Point just in time for the Psu game in September?

Avella Eagle forever!I really think Franklin's success put the good Captain out to sea forever.He always stated 5-6 things they would keep James from being successful at Psu and that didn't happen.I think he liked and hated Joe Pa at the same time.Deep down he was hurt Joe didn't recruit him but he still liked him.Personally I liked him and I miss all his stuff about Wvu and Psu.Maybe his ship will land again at the Point just in time for the Psu game in September?

So Cap is Ralph? Really? Wow. I got his book.

i was so proud of myself when i figured out it was ralph. i said as much ,publicly, on the board-and the post got deleted, the guy was an incredably bright, knowledgeable person. we need more people like him- a pitt man.

I wondered, I did. When I saw somewhere that he was from Avella, I was thinking, "there can't be too many well heeled, connected folks from freakin Avella". Holy hell, I used to go toe to toe with Ralph. Amazing. I will send him my well wishes.

I dunno. I read his book and follow him on Twitter, he loves to talk to people. Now that he is in California, he might have more things going on.

Yeah, Ralph’s handle was/is Captain. Fascinating how small of a world it can be sometimes. As far as I know, he’s still alive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT