ADVERTISEMENT

Starting my ACC preseason Power Rankings

-LOL at those guards

Battle is better than Richardson was coming out last year. I know you're hung up on Battle's freshman year high school stats and all, but the kid is legit. It's a better backcourt than Pitt has, at the very least.

Battle is better than Richardson was coming out last year. I know you're hung up on Battle's freshman year high school stats and all, but the kid is legit. It's a better backcourt than Pitt has, at the very least.

-Pitt is going to blow Syracuse right out of the gym next year. Beat them 3 times last year, and blew them right off the court twice. Syracuse is going to be garbage next year.

-You are an idiot. But go ahead and hype up that Frank Howard backcourt. Syracuse is going to be the worst 3 point shooting team ever next year. There won't even be a reason to guard Syracuse past 15 feet of the basket. They have a team of Cam Wright's playing for them at guard and forwards. CBI team

Omer Yurtseven to NC State. Huge get for them this late in the game. Dennis Smith & Yurtseven might be one of top two or three freshmen combos in college hoops next year.

Too bad for them that the rest of the team stinks.

Too bad for them that the rest of the team stinks.

Perhaps, but I don't think talent is going to be their issue. Coaching for sure is, and perhaps depth.

They'll have Smith at PG, Yurtseven at C, and Rowan, Terry Henderson, and Charlotte transfer Torin Dorn on the wing. Dorn was C-USA freshman of the year in 2015 before deciding to transfer. Lenard a Freeman, if healthy is the perfect 4 for them, as he'll do the dirty work without requiring shots on the offensive end. They'll have plenty of offense if Smith and Yurtseven live up to their hype. Henderson and Rowan are very good shooters who should get open looks.

Depth will be an issue if Abdul Malik Abu and Beejay Anya aren't back. Malik Abu would step into that 4 spot and that team becomes dangerous. I believe he said he's NBA or transfer though.

Not saying they're a for sure tournament team, but they could very well be sitting on the bubble in March. I don't think they're an also-ran in the ACC next year.

Are u here to admit you were completely wrong on Richardson?

-He won't admit it, and he won't be back when Pitt blasts Syracuse right out of the gym. They do have Frnk Howard, who shot 20% from the field and 10% from 3 last year.

You were wrong in every aspect. How many guys will Boeheim buy off this year?

-There were 2 people in this thread hyping the death out of Syracuse. One is no longer hyping Syracuse, the other still thinks Syracuse has Top 3 talent in the ACC. This will be one of the weakest 3 point shooting teams in the country next year. They have zero firepower from 3 and the entire team either graduated, went to the NBA, or transferred. They have weak guard talent, weaker than Pitt was 2 years ago. The outlook of this team next year is dismal. The only thing that will help them look a little better than they are is 4 games against Boston College and Wake Forest, 2 of the worst teams in Power 5 next year.

-He won't admit it, and he won't be back when Pitt blasts Syracuse right out of the gym. They do have Frnk Howard, who shot 20% from the field and 10% from 3 last year.

Boheim will not be losing to Kevin Stallings twice you can count on that. Btw Frank Howard is pretty good, and we are still in the mix for a top 100 recruit, and another possible transfer, so the roster isn't done yet.

-There were 2 people in this thread hyping the death out of Syracuse. One is no longer hyping Syracuse, the other still thinks Syracuse has Top 3 talent in the ACC. This will be one of the weakest 3 point shooting teams in the country next year. They have zero firepower from 3 and the entire team either graduated, went to the NBA, or transferred. They have weak guard talent, weaker than Pitt was 2 years ago. The outlook of this team next year is dismal. The only thing that will help them look a little better than they are is 4 games against Boston College and Wake Forest, 2 of the worst teams in Power 5 next year.

I love it how the haters every year pick against Syracuse, and every year Syracuse goes out and wins 20 plus games, you would think at some point they would learn their lesson.

If you guys are going to bag on steel, put your money where your mouth is $20 large for predictions.........Let's get it on!!!!!

Abdul Malik Abu returning to NC State. That team's outlook just got a whole lot better this week.

Sounds like BeeJay Anya will be coming back too, but Lenard Freeman probably going to miss the season with his leg injury.

Smith
Dorn
Rowan
Abu
Yurtseven

Henderson
Anya

That's a pretty talented top 7, coaching will hold them back though.

Duke gets Marques Bolden. If Frank Jackson is the real deal, they'll be the best team in the nation by far.

Last edited:
Ken Pomeroy just tweeted -

Top 10 conferences: 10) MAC, 9) WCC <gap> 8) AAC, 7) A-10 <gap>
6) SEC <gap> 5) Pac12, 4) B1G, 3) Big East, 2) Big 12, 1) ACC

He also tweeted his top 10. Duke was 1, UNC 4, Louisville 9, Virginia 10.

Rothstein has

1 Duke
7 Virginia
9 UNC
11 Louisville
18 Syracuse
24 Virginia Tech

On the cusp of Top 25: Clemson

Syracuse gets top 100 big man for 2016 Taureen Thompson. Beat out Michigan State and Seton Hall, chance to make immediate impact.

They are also hosting Nebraska grad transfer Andrew White, 6'7" swing man who averaged 16.6 points, 6 rebounds, and shot 41% from 3pt range.

They pull in White, they're quite possibly top 10 in the nation.

Reactions: orange830
Rothstein is doing his ACC preview on twitter.

ACC Power Rankings: Duke, UVA, UNC, Louisville, VT, Clemson, FSU, Miami, Syracuse, NC State, Pitt, Notre Dame, Wake Forest, BC, GT.

11th would be very disappointing for a senior laden team that is returning 6 of top 7 scorers and top 3 rebounders.

ACC Power Rankings: Duke, UVA, UNC, Louisville, VT, Clemson, FSU, Miami, Syracuse, NC State, Pitt, Notre Dame, Wake Forest, BC, GT.

11th would be very disappointing for a senior laden team that is returning 6 of top 7 scorers and top 3 rebounders.

I don't know. We were picked 10th last year and 11th this year. Maybe that is how unbiased, outside observers see our talent level.

They were close to right in that pick (if you include Louisville) last season.

We finished 9th last year, and lost our starting PG. Weren't u just hyping SU and NC St saying they'd be good?

Rothstein also lists:

1st team ACC
Breakout Players
Impact Freshmen
Under the Radar Freshmen
Impact Transfers
Under the Radar Transfers

In addition to being rated 11th in the Power rankings, Pitt does not have a player listed on any of the lists referenced above.

With our current talent level, Stallings getting us into the top 8, would be an enormous accomplishment.

A talent upgrade is in order. I hope Stallings can provide it.

Last edited:
Rothstein also lists:

1st team ACC
Breakout Players
Impact Freshmen
Under the Radar Freshmen
Impact Transfers
Under the Radar Transfers

In addition to being rated 11th in the Power rankings, Pitt does not have a player listed on any of the lists referenced above.

A talent upgrade is in order. I hope Stallings can provide it.

-Do a simple google search on Rothstein and Ncaa Tournament picks the last 2 years. The guy is a clown when it comes to basketball analysis. His track record is awful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT