ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Ravens - Moved to Wednesday

Roger G only cares about the Ravens and Patriots and his $28 million salary and bonus. Everything else is not in his radar.

Reactions: 303vND
This is unreal. Forfeit or play as it is. There's a reason they expanded the rosters this year. If you can't keep your own yard in order suffer the consequences. Goodell is too damn egotistical that his league wont finish. And it sure stinks of the Steelers being on the way to something that might make history. Granted its tough times but quit screwing this team out of a scheduled game 3 times now has to have some sort of penalty. Piss on Baltimore!!!

is it weather related?

Not at all. From the looks of it, it's the Ravens trying to manipulate the game to either being played Week 18 or getting it canceled so there's an 8th playoff spot.

It's always funny when fans assume the point of the pro sports leagues is to insure fairness between the teams as opposed to organize the league for maximum revenue (and balance the interests of many owners)?

Reactions: CougarClaws
It's always funny when fans assume the point of the pro sports leagues is to insure fairness between the teams as opposed to organize the league for maximum revenue (and balance the interests of many owners)?
You’re right, they’re going to get a lot more revenue playing on Wednesday instead of Tuesday.

Maybe they should move the Steelers next game to Monday to get one more day of rest.

Does it have anything to do with the players association? Maybe the team is so decimated that it brings player safety into it and Goodell is afraid to do the wrong thing.

Does it have anything to do with the players association? Maybe the team is so decimated that it brings player safety into it and Goodell is afraid to do the wrong thing.

If that’s the case then they better pursue it on the Steeler’s behalf having to turn around and play again Sunday. At least as it stands now.

The game will be on Wednesday now. Either watch it or don’t. Just, please, stop whining.
Didn’t pitt play a game on wed night a few years ago? I’m not complaining, just impatient.

I think it’s obvious that the nfl will do anything and everything over making a team forfeit. I’d rather play we’d night than week 18, that’s for sure.

Playing Devil's advocate what if dem stillers had an outbreak of covid? We were just discussing this at work. I'm sure the stillers would be doing the same as the ravens and trying to save a spot in the playoffs. All this nfl is BS and why I can't stand the league.

The game will be on Wednesday now. Either watch it or don’t. Just, please, stop whining.
The biggest pitfall in your post is to matter of fact say the game will be played on Wednesday.

Nothing in what’s transpired over the last 4 or 5 days to say with any level of confidence that it will be played on Wednesday.

This is where the Steelers sorely miss Dan Rooney. What a pussy these Rooney's are. I'd be all over the NFL threatening to make a mockery of this whole thing. At the very least I am demanding draft choice compensation from both the Ravens and Titans.

Roger G only cares about the Ravens and Patriots and his $28 million salary and bonus. Everything else is not in his radar.
Strange you say this. The Steelers winning is a GOOD thing for the NFL. They are the most popular team. I always find it hilarious when Stillers fans claim the NFL is out to get them. In reality, it is in the NFL's best interest to do the exact opposite.

Strange you say this. The Steelers winning is a GOOD thing for the NFL. They are the most popular team. I always find it hilarious when Stillers fans claim the NFL is out to get them. In reality, it is in the NFL's best interest to do the exact opposite.
I see a trend of the Steelers getting the short end of the stick on these covid related issues. But I don’t think it’s done with malice or intent.

Ravens need some sort of punishment though. A draft pick will suffice.

You’re right, they’re going to get a lot more revenue playing on Wednesday instead of Tuesday.

The funny thing is that on Tuesday it would have been played in prime time and on Wednesday it is going to be a 3:40 in the afternoon. It is obvious which one of those is better for the advertisers, and therefore better for making money.

Reactions: NCanton Panther
Even more funniness. The reason the game is being played at 3:40 instead of in prime time is that NBC wants to honor it's commitment to show the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Wednesday night.

That may be the most 2020 thing to happen this year.

Reactions: pitt-girl

There is really little incentive for the NFL to push the Steelers because they will have that following regardless of success. The analysts on their own network blamed the organization, Tomlin, Ben, etc. for Antonio Brown. They have zero respect for Roethlisberger's performance this year, are not giving Tomlin any credit for COY, etc. The faces of the league right now are Mahomes, Jackson, Henry, Metcalf, Wilson...again, they don't need the Steelers to be pushed because they have stars elsewhere.

Goodell just let the Ravens play him because they were worried about muscle strains. Come on. Without any positives to affect the game on Tuesday it should've been played tomorrow. They wanted to string it out as long as possible to get their RBs back (they did), force a cancellation and an 8th playoff spot (free playoff spot), or move it to Week 18 (roster at full strength). Not only that, the NFL moves their game next week to Tuesday, which is just in time for Lamar Jackson to return. Meanwhile, the Broncos stupidity resulted in zero QBs on Sunday. I wasn't one for the NFL favoring the Ravens this entire time, but they proved me wrong today.

Pathetic the NFL caved to the Ravens demands. They committed a punishable offense and are out here basically dictating when they will play. At the end of the day though, anything that isn’t a week 18 game is a win for the Steelers. So tough to be that upset if they actually play this game, but still Goodell looks like an even bigger clown after this bush league move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT