ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers

Shazier and Polamalu, probably our two best defenders in the past ~25 years, both missed more than their fair share of tackles.
Shazier was a mediocre tackler at best that made his mark in coverage. Polamalu never missed 4 tackles in a game in his life.

I really think Bush is gonna be special but his tackling needs to get much better. He's better than Shazier was as a rookie.

Shazier was a mediocre tackler at best that made his mark in coverage. Polamalu never missed 4 tackles in a game in his life.

I really think Bush is gonna be special but his tackling needs to get much better. He's better than Shazier was as a rookie.

Polamalu was still launching himself at people as a 10 year veteran. Horrible tackling form.

Reactions: Steeltheone
Any reason they couldn’t have rolled Hodges out on all of these belly up the middle plays? The series when they settled for 3 he would’ve walked into the end zone.

Props to the offensive line tonight, nice recovery after some bad performances this season.

Can somebody please explain to me how the hell did Switzer torture Pitt as a receiver and as a punt returner?
The same reason you see a kid look like the best athlete alive on your HS football team, then never see the field in D2.

Switzer is no longer one of the fastest guys on the field in the NFL, he’ll be lucky to be even as fast as most DB’s and guys covering punts. Add in he’s almost always one of the smallest guys on the field and the strength of NFL players, he’s basically a boy amongst men.

I actually thought last year he was a pleasant surprise as a WR. Mostly because he was acquired to be the return man and not contribute much on offense. Problem was he was pretty bad all of last year returning kicks and punts. He still is this year, only now he’s also doing absolutely nothing as a receiver.

He’s really good at the fake fair catch.... that is literally the only positive thing I can say about him right now.

The same reason you see a kid look like the best athlete alive on your HS football team, then never see the field in D2.

Switzer is no longer one of the fastest guys on the field in the NFL, he’ll be lucky to be even as fast as most DB’s and guys covering punts. Add in he’s almost always one of the smallest guys on the field and the strength of NFL players, he’s basically a boy amongst men.

I actually thought last year he was a pleasant surprise as a WR. Mostly because he was acquired to be the return man and not contribute much on offense. Problem was he was pretty bad all of last year returning kicks and punts. He still is this year, only now he’s also doing absolutely nothing as a receiver.

He’s really good at the fake fair catch.... that is literally the only positive thing I can say about him right now.

Yep, was a different story when he was contributing in the slot, but he offers nothing now other than a solid set of hands in the return position. Maybe that’s enough for the Steelers right now.

JuJu might have been TOO amped up. He was playing literally in his backyard, and half the folks there in black and gold claimed to be his relatives!

Bumping this to throw a match on the gasoline but...

Outside of Belichek there aren't any really good coaches. Doug Peterson has a fairly mediocre team in Philly. Wonderboy Sean McVay has been figured out in St. Louis. Maybe Pete Carroll?

Outside of Belichek there aren't any really good coaches. Doug Peterson has a fairly mediocre team in Philly. Wonderboy Sean McVay has been figured out in St. Louis. Maybe Pete Carroll?
And here I don’t recall anyone debating the merits of any coaches anywhere in this long thread.

And you also need to catch up with the current times, no NFL team in St Louis for a few years now.

And here I don’t recall anyone debating the merits of any coaches anywhere in this long thread.

And you also need to catch up with the current times, no NFL team in St Louis for a few years now.

Eh. I figured this was a more recent thread than the last one about Tomlin.

And sue me. LA. St. Louis. Whatever. A team that won't make the playoffs either way.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Eh. I figured this was a more recent thread than the last one about Tomlin.

And sue me. LA. St. Louis. Whatever. A team that won't make the playoffs either way.
Wow, LA has definitely had their struggles so far and it doesn’t help being in the same division with SF and Seattle, but it’s fairly early to right them out of the playoffs already.

There are a ton of good coaches that you didn't mention.
Tomlin is trending down past the mid range of NFL coaches.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Name 4 others not mentioned

Dear Windbag,
There are lots of coaches with tremendous potential other than the limited list presented based on current records.
Why should I let you know who they are so you can post them.
Some can actually read and write.
Tomlins is tending down and the downward slope is increasing at at a rapid ratel
Over and out Windbag.

Dear Windbag,
There are lots of coaches with tremendous potential other than the limited list presented based on current records.
Some can actually read and write.
Tomlins is tending down and the downward slope is increasing at at a rapid ratel

Who?

What?
Why should I give you my list?
Come up with your own and if Tomlins one of the best good luck.

Even the hosts on Pittsburgh The Fan 93.7 are laughing at Tomlin and his press conferences. As they say he has trouble putting a few basic sentences together with out filling the sentences up with worthless cliques.
Listen to The Fan once in a while they think Tomlin is on the way down and out.

Trending down.
Others are trending up.

NFLCoaches are like stocks in the stock market. Hook up with the ones trending up not down.
Tomlins trend line is :
graph-chart-down-downward-dip-plunge-recession-depression.jpg

If you look at most of your posts all you do is ask questions.

Any idiot can do that!

Last edited:
What?
Why should I give you my list?
Come up with your own and if Tomlins one of the best good luck.

Trending down.
Others are trending up.

NFLCoaches are like stocks in the stock market. Hook up with the ones trending up not down.
Tomlins trend line is :
graph-chart-down-downward-dip-plunge-recession-depression.jpg

If you look at most of your posts all you do is ask questions.

Any idiot can do that!

It’s not my job to provide evidence for your argument. If there are a number of coaches better than Tomlin you should be able to name some names.

It’s not my job to provide evidence for your argument. If there are a number of coaches better than Tomlin you should be able to name some names.
His trend line over the past five years is heading to the basement.

Plot his last few years record with your crayons including this fantastic year and tell me where he stands. In deep water!

But some of the guys on the Fan don't like him. And we all know those guys are the most knowledgeable sports people, well, in some of the rooms they are in.

How is that not proof?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT