ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the Inside Story?

So you don’t know. There is ignorance in every generation, no doubt.
Guess you don’t know any 25 yr olds and how the react to criticism or tough times .

KP took his ball and ran home . That’s not who the Steelers wanted to lead their team .

Stay and fight prove them wrong , now he finds himself in a far less likely position to ever prove he can be successful at this level . Injury is the only way he sees theField in Philly .

• Angry
Reactions: Eastern Eight
Injury is the only way he sees theField in Pittsburgh
Fixed. There’s no way he was starting in Pittsburgh. They didn’t bring the diva in to compete He’s the starter and Tomlin told KP that. So KP went from he’s our man to he’s going to have to compete to diva is the starter

I’d say he’s in no worse and probably a better situation because the media and organization is not near as toxic as it is here

Reactions: 303vND
Guess you don’t know any 25 yr olds and how the react to criticism or tough times .

KP took his ball and ran home . That’s not who the Steelers wanted to lead their team .

Stay and fight prove them wrong , now he finds himself in a far less likely position to ever prove he can be successful at this level . Injury is the only way he sees theField in Philly .
Again, you know almost nothing about what really happened. It’s easy to criticize from afar when you have to live none of the consequences.

Ignorance and confidence are a foolish combination, but here you are.

Again, you know almost nothing about what really happened. It’s easy to criticize from afar when you have to live none of the consequences.

Ignorance and confidence are a foolish combination, but here you are.
Your right , Omar didn’t call me and ask for advice , but KP best option was to stay here and compete with a 35 yr old not with a 25 yr old Jalan Hurts . Everything that has been reported from the Seattle game , his curt reply to the question of did he learn anything from watching , not willing to give any post season exit interview and now requesting a trade instead of shutting up and competing tells me everything I need to know . He’s playing pro football making millions of dollars not peewee football and if the team can upgrade itself at any position they must do what’s best for the team and not worry about someone’s feelings . He’ll be a backup next season and the rest of his career and make millions of dollars , he’ll be just fine . Just so you understand I wanted nothing , but success for him here , but I’m glad he’s gone now .

Your right , Omar didn’t call me and ask for advice , but KP best option was to stay here and compete with a 35 yr old not with a 25 yr old Jalan Hurts . Everything that has been reported from the Seattle game , his curt reply to the question of did he learn anything from watching , not willing to give any post season exit interview and now requesting a trade instead of shutting up and competing tells me everything I need to know . He’s playing pro football making millions of dollars not peewee football and if the team can upgrade itself at any position they must do what’s best for the team and not worry about someone’s feelings . He’ll be a backup next season and the rest of his career and make millions of dollars , he’ll be just fine . Just so you understand I wanted nothing , but success for him here , but I’m glad he’s gone now .
Everything that has been reported about the Seattle game was horse shit

And while none of us know exactly what happened in the offseason leading up to the trade it seems logical that IF the Steelers only brought in wilson to provide competition KP would have stayed. I suspect that’s not the case (and some reports back this up). The Steelers told him Russ was the starter He’s been around to see how the Steelers lied to Mitch and Rudy so he decided it was best to make a change. The fact that the Steelers swung the deal so quickly indicates they wanted him out as well.

I do agree this is better for picket. The situation all around has become way too toxic. He had zero chance here moving forward.

Everything that has been reported about the Seattle game was horse shit

And while none of us know exactly what happened in the offseason leading up to the trade it seems logical that IF the Steelers only brought in wilson to provide competition KP would have stayed. I suspect that’s not the case (and some reports back this up). The Steelers told him Russ was the starter He’s been around to see how the Steelers lied to Mitch and Rudy so he decided it was best to make a change. The fact that the Steelers swung the deal so quickly indicates they wanted him out as well.

I do agree this is better for picket. The situation all around has become way too toxic. He had zero chance here moving forward.
If your Kenny you work your butt off and come in ready to take the job back , what has Kenny done to expect the Steelers to not try and improve itself at the most important position on the team .

If your Kenny you work your butt off and come in ready to take the job back , what has Kenny done to expect the Steelers to not try and improve itself at the most important position on the team .
The only way he was getting his job back was if Wilson got hurt. Given how the organization has lied he’s actually in a better situation without all the bullshit surrounding him Again if the Steelers thought as highly as they did about him based on what they said publicly they wouldn’t have made the trade that quickly There were reports of their interest in fields for a month well before the wilson signing. Sounds to me like the Steelers got what they wanted and used their talking heads in the media to make KP look like the bad guy

A competitor will stay and fight if the playing field is level. A fool stays when the deck is clearly stacked against him

The only way he was getting his job back was if Wilson got hurt. Given how the organization has lied he’s actually in a better situation without all the bullshit surrounding him Again if the Steelers thought as highly as they did about him based on what they said publicly they wouldn’t have made the trade that quickly There were reports of their interest in fields for a month well before the wilson signing. Sounds to me like the Steelers got what they wanted and used their talking heads in the media to make KP look like the bad guy

A competitor will stay and fight if the playing field is level. A fool stays when the deck is clearly stacked against him
He’s gone to team who’s holding a royal straight flush with Hurts and there’s no guarantee that a 35 yr old Russell Wilson will light it up .

Overcoming adversity isn’t a bad thing .

His only chance of playing in Philly is injury , he had injury and ineffectiveness as potentials here .

As a Pitt fan I wanted Kenny to be successful , but as a Steeler fan I’ll take Wilson and Fields everyday over KP .

A fool doesn’t make 2+ million !

Would you rather the Steelers have say we’re sticking with KP despite throwing 6 TDS last yr and we don’t really have any confidence in him going forward ,but since he’s the only qb under contract we’re 100% behind him . If we can find anybody Kenny’s on the bench . Hell Mason who only ran the scout team for two yrs came in and played substantially better . Now I’m sure that would’ve inspired Kenny . The Steelers told Kenny what he needed to hear , but circumstances changed and the Steelers had an opportunity to improve themselves. They did the right thing .

Reactions: Burgh15
As a Pitt fan I wanted Kenny to be successful , but as a Steeler fan I’ll take Wilson and Fields everyday over KP .

A fool doesn’t make 2+ million !

Would you rather the Steelers have say we’re sticking with KP despite throwing 6 TDS last yr and we don’t really have any confidence in him going forward ,but since he’s the only qb under contract we’re 100% behind him . If we can find anybody Kenny’s on the bench . Hell Mason who only ran the scout team for two yrs came in and played substantially better . Now I’m sure that would’ve inspired Kenny . The Steelers told Kenny what he needed to hear , but circumstances changed and the Steelers had an opportunity to improve themselves. They did the right thing .

so you want a 35 year old QB with known drama who another team is paying millions not to play for them over a 25 year old QB who has shown flashes of potential? I'd love to wager on how the Wilson era turns out here.

The best option for you is to stop posting for a bit.

Reactions: Eastern Eight
so you want a 35 year old QB with known drama who another team is paying millions not to play for them over a 25 year old QB who has shown flashes of potential? I'd love to wager on how the Wilson era turns out here.
The people who invested a #1 pick have decided he wasn’t the man and yes a 35 yr old Russell Wilson is a better Qb than KP .

Denver made a horrible trade and financially screwed themselves and they choose to just bite the bullet for one yr and move on . If he was injured they’re’ on the hook for the entire amount of his contract . Would I pay him 40 mil no , but 1.2 you bet ya .

A 24 yr old Justin Fields has far more potential than KP too .

Once again fans know more than the guys who’ve spent their lives coaching and studying their craft .

Reactions: GregInPitt

Wilson will be gone after next year and Fields is just another reject that even the Bears couldn't make happen. They are both bad QB's and scraping the bottom of the barrel in QB's now. So the Stillers got what they deserve.....rejected garbage.

If I were any quarterback in the league, I would not want to play in Pittsburgh until Mike Tomlin is gone. Mike Tomlin does not know how to hire an offensive coaching staff, and he does not have the ability to develop a quarterback because at the first saying of trouble, he benches them and you need to be able to have your quarterbacks play through adversity so that they can show that they can be a long-term starter. That’s the reason why we never saw Mason play a full season and we will never know what he could’ve done here because Mike Tomlin benched him after six bad quarters of football , and once Kenny show that he was not processing, he was going to bench him. Mike Tomlin only thinks about how to win that week and that is not conducive for finding out what a young guy has at quarterback.

Once again fans know more than the guys who’ve spent their lives coaching and studying their craft .
Yeah he. Has sooooo much potential that they bears traded him for a warm six pack and the rest of the league passed

Well the fans knew Canada sucked and Porter and Jones should have started

Those same geniuses traded away a guy who became one of the better guards in the NFL

Yeah he. Has sooooo much potential that they bears traded him for a warm six pack and the rest of the league passed

Well the fans knew Canada sucked and Porter and Jones should have started

Those same geniuses traded away a guy who became one of the better guards in the NFL
Guess time will tell who‘s correct .

KP was worth two 7th round picks and 20 spots . Mighty good haul .

Both started when they were ready . Maybe you were at practice and knew better . Let Art know you’re available!

You got one thing right .

Let's see if you can stand up to your own standards. Answer two questions: 1) did Kenny take backup reps leading up to the Seattle game? 2) When did the Steelers lie to Kenny?

If I were any quarterback in the league, I would not want to play in Pittsburgh until Mike Tomlin is gone. Mike Tomlin does not know how to hire an offensive coaching staff, and he does not have the ability to develop a quarterback because at the first saying of trouble, he benches them and you need to be able to have your quarterbacks play through adversity so that they can show that they can be a long-term starter. That’s the reason why we never saw Mason play a full season and we will never know what he could’ve done here because Mike Tomlin benched him after six bad quarters of football , and once Kenny show that he was not processing, he was going to bench him. Mike Tomlin only thinks about how to win that week and that is not conducive for finding out what a young guy has at quarterback.
But your not a QB. And Wilson, along with most NFL players, prefer to come to the Steelers and play for Tomlin. Franchise QB's like Roethlisberger don't grow on trees and the Steelers, like three quarters of the NFL teams, will do all they can to find their next franchise QB. They determined that Pickett was not that QB and they are moving ahead with the search. If they see such potential in a QB when it's their turn in the upcoming draft, a chance to make the Steelers better, they will do just that. It's a business. And the goal is winning. Not appeasing some segment of their fan base, or any one player that believes he is better than what the coaches believe.

Guess that includes Kenny’s worth also !

But your not a QB. And Wilson, along with most NFL players, prefer to come to the Steelers and play for Tomlin. Franchise QB's like Roethlisberger don't grow on trees and the Steelers, like three quarters of the NFL teams, will do all they can to find their next franchise QB. They determined that Pickett was not that QB and they are moving ahead with the search. If they see such potential in a QB when it's their turn in the upcoming draft, a chance to make the Steelers better, they will do just that. It's a business. And the goal is winning. Not appeasing some segment of their fan base, or any one player that believes he is better than what the coaches believe.
I dont necessarily disagree with most of this. Clearly despite all their public statements saying KP was their man the Steelers decided to move on. Thats fine its a business and these guys careers are on the line. I have no issue with any of that.

What is amusing is how most of the yinzer fan base and media are so butt hurt that KP also treated it like a business. He saw the handwriting on the wall and asked to be traded. He did it professionally behind the scenes which gave the Steelers their best chance to maximize their return. Both sides appear to be happy with the outcome. For someone the fan base and media wanted to see go, like jilted lovers they seem oddly upset HE CHOSE to leave.

Its debatable whether or not Russ and Or Fields will be upgrades. Neither will be much better unless the steelers get a legit Center and RT and two more weapons at WR. Heck even fat ass has said Russ needs help to succeed. Imagine that........

I dont necessarily disagree with most of this. Clearly despite all their public statements saying KP was their man the Steelers decided to move on. Thats fine its a business and these guys careers are on the line. I have no issue with any of that.

What is amusing is how most of the yinzer fan base and media are so butt hurt that KP also treated it like a business. He saw the handwriting on the wall and asked to be traded. He did it professionally behind the scenes which gave the Steelers their best chance to maximize their return. Both sides appear to be happy with the outcome. For someone the fan base and media wanted to see go, like jilted lovers they seem oddly upset HE CHOSE to leave.

Its debatable whether or not Russ and Or Fields will be upgrades. Neither will be much better unless the steelers get a legit Center and RT and two more weapons at WR. Heck even fat ass has said Russ needs help to succeed. Imagine that........
Kenny has charted his own path and has placed himself in a situation were the only way he sees the field is by injury . I think he made a mistake , there’s no guarantee that Russel Wilson will outplay him . I hadn’t given up thinking that he couldn’t be a competent starter under a better OC . IMO he blew it , stay and prove them wrong , each to their own and I hope it works out for him .

Kenny has charted his own path and has placed himself in a situation were the only way he sees the field is by injury . I think he made a mistake , there’s no guarantee that Russel Wilson will outplay him . I hadn’t given up thinking that he couldn’t be a competent starter under a better OC . IMO he blew it , stay and prove them wrong , each to their own and I hope it works out for him .
I don't think you are totally off base here, but just like with any other relationship once the trust is destroyed beyond repair it's best to go your separate ways. Things only get messier when you try to salvage something that is destroyed.

Reactions: pittdan77

In the AFC North, how would you rate the QB's on each team? No matter how you rate them, the Stillers QB's are at the bottom. If there was a place below the bottom, they'd be there.

The people who invested a #1 pick have decided he wasn’t the man and yes a 35 yr old Russell Wilson is a better Qb than KP .

Denver made a horrible trade and financially screwed themselves and they choose to just bite the bullet for one yr and move on . If he was injured they’re’ on the hook for the entire amount of his contract . Would I pay him 40 mil no , but 1.2 you bet ya .

So you are saying the guys who screwed up a #1 pick should be trusted with further moves at that same position? Are you Kaboly by chance?

So you are saying the guys who screwed up a #1 pick should be trusted with further moves at that same position? Are you Kaboly by chance?
Guess the guys who drafted the four other QBs ( T Lawrence being the exception) in the 21 draft are buffoons also . The Steelers needed a QB and reached for one that hasn’t worked out and that surprises you ?

If KP went to any other school than Pitt there wouldn’t be many criticizing the Steelers for the move . Wilson and Fields vs KP MT you kidding me !

The entire league except SF passed on B Purdy and Tom Brady was a 6th round pick , how many teams passed on Danny Marino , it’s not an exact science.

You are aware the Steelers now have a new GM and OC ?

Reactions: Burgh15
Guess the guys who drafted the four other QBs ( T Lawrence being the exception) in the 21 draft are buffoons also . The Steelers needed a QB and reached for one that hasn’t worked out and that surprises you ?

If KP went to any other school than Pitt there wouldn’t be many criticizing the Steelers for the move . Wilson and Fields vs KP MT you kidding me !

The entire league except SF passed on B Purdy and Tom Brady was a 6th round pick , how many teams passed on Danny Marino , it’s not an exact science.

You are aware the Steelers now have a new GM and OC ?
I just love your constant Stillerz can do no wrong takes. Lol.

I just love your constant Stillerz can do no wrong takes. Lol.
The Steelers have bungled the first round for quite sometime now and it’s probably why they haven’t won a playoff game in a hundred yrs .

It appears that Omar and Andy Weidl have changed how the Steelers do business and it‘s for the better . You do realize they traded KP , I had nothing to do with it .

What you don’t get is that I don’t hate KP , I wanted KP to be a Super Bowl winning Qb for the Steelers , but by the end of last season it was obvious that he wasn’t the answer. If the Steelers had stayed with KP and Mason I’d have preferred ( as would the players ) that Mason would have come back as the starter . The offense went from totally inept 90% of the time under KP to reasonably functional with a down the field passing attack under Mason . Yes , they got rid of Canada , but they were still running the same offense . Mason stood in there and found the open receivers while Kenny couldn’t . It‘s all on the tape and there’s no denying this .

Now you can root for the Eagles !

The Steelers have bungled the first round for quite sometime now and it’s probably why they haven’t won a playoff game in a hundred yrs .

It appears that Omar and Andy Weidl have changed how the Steelers do business and it‘s for the better . You do realize they traded KP , I had nothing to do with it .

What you don’t get is that I don’t hate KP , I wanted KP to be a Super Bowl winning Qb for the Steelers , but by the end of last season it was obvious that he wasn’t the answer. If the Steelers had stayed with KP and Mason I’d have preferred ( as would the players ) that Mason would have come back as the starter . The offense went from totally inept 90% of the time under KP to reasonably functional with a down the field passing attack under Mason . Yes , they got rid of Canada , but they were still running the same offense . Mason stood in there and found the open receivers while Kenny couldn’t . It‘s all on the tape and there’s no denying this .

Now you can root for the Eagles !
You wonderful human being
Post Malone Smile GIF by Bud Light
there are only 6 quarters of tape post Canada and it looked pretty good. Your argument has clear holes, but the beauty of it is this is America and we can agree to disagree.
Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

You wonderful human being
Post Malone Smile GIF by Bud Light
there are only 6 quarters of tape post Canada and it looked pretty good. Your argument has clear holes, but the beauty of it is this is America and we can agree to disagree.
Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS
Never said Mason was the long term answer , but it was obvious to anyone who’s not biased that the offense had a far different look with Mason vs KP or Mitch .

The Steelers wanted KP to be the man and had he not been injured neither Mitch or Mason would’ve seen the field . The last thing they wanted was a Qb controversy , to that extent they didn’t make any effort to sign MR even though he outplayed KP . KP was their man until they felt they could do better and that’s the way the world works .

Mitch proved that the Steelers couldn’t win with him at Qb and Mason showed that a large portion of the offensive issues revolved around poor Qb play .

He wasn’t penciled in - he was told there would be a competition and then told there wouldn’t be a competition.
Any adult working for a living in a highly competitive environment knows there is competition. And it's hard to believe (and I don't believe) that any NFL football player could believe that there is not going to be competition for each and every spot on an NFL depth chart and roster. The object is to win. Win playoff games. Win Super Bowls. And just about every player realizes that every NFL organization will do everything they believe will try and improve their team enough to win.

Sure, Mahomes is "penciled in". But on a team planning to improve on a sorry passing game no QB should and likely really is penciled in.

Any adult working for a living in a highly competitive environment knows there is competition. And it's hard to believe (and I don't believe) that any NFL football player could believe that there is not going to be competition for each and every spot on an NFL depth chart and roster. The object is to win. Win playoff games. Win Super Bowls. And just about every player realizes that every NFL organization will do everything they believe will try and improve their team enough to win.

Sure, Mahomes is "penciled in". But on a team planning to improve on a sorry passing game no QB should and likely really is penciled in.
I guess you've never been in a company and saw a person get promoted who didn't know his job but knew someone who could get him promoted. Or better yet, have the new hire be trained by someone who is infinitely more qualified only to be given the job over the guy that trained him.

Lastly, Tomlin either told Kenny or intimated that Russ would be the starter after being told there would be a competition. And psst...there isn't competitions for each spot on any professional team - some guys get spots for various reasons outside of their talent.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT