ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Leftovers and other shows to watch

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
New streaming shows/movies have been pretty attrocious. Tried Heart of Stone on Netfliix. Good God, was it terrible. First 10 minutes and I was done. So I watched The Leftovers (from 2014-17), which was available on (HBO) Max. It wasn't bad. Some of the same people who made Lost. I thought that the first season was the best. They got too cute with seasons 2 and 3. And a bit too ambigous for my taste. I have my own theory about the vents. Overall, if you liked Lost, you would probably like this show.

I didn’t appreciate how good Boardwalk Empire was at the time it was on. I re-watched the series, and for me, it’s right there with Sopranos as one of the best shows I’ve ever watched.

Reactions: Chescat
I liked seasons two and three better. The death/dream sequences were fantastic. They did a much better job of pulling that off than when the Sopranos tried it!

New streaming shows/movies have been pretty attrocious. Tried Heart of Stone on Netfliix. Good God, was it terrible. First 10 minutes and I was done. So I watched The Leftovers (from 2014-17), which was available on (HBO) Max. It wasn't bad. Some of the same people who made Lost. I thought that the first season was the best. They got too cute with seasons 2 and 3. And a bit too ambigous for my taste. I have my own theory about the vents. Overall, if you liked Lost, you would probably like this show.
The Leftovers was the most amazing television program I’ve ever watched.

I liked seasons two and three better. The death/dream sequences were fantastic. They did a much better job of pulling that off than when the Sopranos tried it!
Season one was really good (especially after the 4th episode). Season two was much better than the first and the third season was off the charts great.

Leftovers is a top 10 show for me. Just tremendously done. Never has a show been so utterly depressing while filled with moments of hope. Loved it
Never has a television program engaged me so emotionally as the Leftovers did.

Reactions: ratking17
If you think new streaming shows have been atrocious you have been picking the wrong ones. I see you have Netflix and HBO...

Too many great shows to mention. For this year, have you watched The Last of Us (HBOl or The Last Kingdom (Netflix)?

These are all good if you misses any...

Reactions: Jeffburgh
If you think new streaming shows have been atrocious you have been picking the wrong ones. I see you have Netflix and HBO...

Too many great shows to mention. For this year, have you watched The Last of Us (HBOl or The Last Kingdom (Netflix)?

Already watch Last of Us. It is good. That reminds me I need to watch Chernobyl.

It’s a travesty that Game of Thrones is ranked as high as it is here, let alone above The Wire.

Most overrated show ever.

Great list.

Watch "Beef" on Netflix, it's a 10 episode dark comedy starring Stephen Yuen, who played Glen on The Walking Dead, it's crazy and pretty hilarious.
Yeah Beef was good.

For HBO check out Winning Time, White Lotus and Succession.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT