ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers/Colts

Even if the Stillers don't come back and win this, them showing some life here in the second half and putting together a couple of nice drives might be a good sign for the future.
It shows who they are. When the defense gets carved up and gives up 27 points by a mediocre offense…it’s a recipe for 9-8.

Game on the line and this Steelers D purported to be elite is soft as tissue with old man Flacco playing them like a violin

Nothing better on a Sunday afternoon than watching supposedly a good defense getting picked apart by a 90 year old pylon that can throw.

I wonder what the constant has been after all of these seasons of mediocrity? It can’t possibly be the head coach.

I would love for him to prove me wrong but he’s incapable of doing so.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I wonder what the constant has been after all of these seasons of mediocrity? It can’t possibly be the head coach.

I would love for him to prove me wrong but he’s incapable of doing so.
If he hangs around long enough he will. I’ve been saying the same about Jamie Dixon in the Big 12.

Couple thoughts.

I absolutely hate these offenses today using the shotgun on 3rd or 4th and short. I counted at least 4 instances where the inability to put the qb under center and run a sneak or hand off to the rb. The 1st was Pitt-WVU, there were a couple yesterday and the play during the Steeler game. My feeling is it is easier to snap the ball while the qb is under center as opposed to having the qb in the shotgun hoping for a perfect snap.

As far as the qb goes, I don't want wilson to play. I would rather them let Fields play and see how it plays out as opposed to cheerleader russ. I personally think tomlin will go to wilson, based on his "pole position" comment, but what do I know.

Why exactly is he a "fraud" after 2 offseasons? Do you actually think other teams want to give away their players, or should he overpay to please the fans?
Because he put all of his eggs in the Aiyuk basket and look at where it has landed them. I'm not saying he's a full blown fraud but man, he really muffed the WR room up. So he is kinda a fraud considering alot of people around town look at him as very good. No one, me included is saying he should have swung for the fences and went all in, giving up all kinds of crap...but it didn't seem like he had a Plan B, C or D.

Justin Fields should be the QB going forward, no question.

He was the leading rusher (10/55 yards) His passing stats were 22/34, 312 yards and a TD. He ain't perfect, but he's responded well to better coaching from the Steelers.

Reactions: jaebree422
Because he put all of his eggs in the Aiyuk basket and look at where it has landed them. I'm not saying he's a full blown fraud but man, he really muffed the WR room up. So he is kinda a fraud considering alot of people around town look at him as very good. No one, me included is saying he should have swung for the fences and went all in, giving up all kinds of crap...but it didn't seem like he had a Plan B, C or D.
So wait, how exactly do you know he went all in on Aiyuk? Because some guy claimed to have inside information and it was a "done deal"? If you listen to those "talking heads", they were also looking at Sutton from Denver, but the asking price may have been too much.

I think a bigger problem this team has is the offensive line coach. I know they are playing with young guys due to injuries, but there was a guy there a few years ago who had a couple UDFA's starting, and that line was among the best in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT