ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Ravens Gamethread

Canada needs to mix things up and that punt kills the philosophy of playing the field position game.

Doesn’t seem to be a lot of urgency on either side of the ball today. Need to step it up right now, don’t see this team as really being able to come back from more than 2 scores down.

BOOM BABY! Now this is more like it. They need to start losing again because this franchise is stupid and easily convinces itself it is better than it is.

Reactions: Ski11585
It's calculus vs checkers. Whatever we're doing on offense, Baltimore is laughing at it.
So, if you were an offensive coordinator, you had a rookie QB, WRs that drop a good deal of passes and an OL that is shaky in the pass game, what would you do?

Steeler fans (and resentful Pitt fans) talk a lot about Canada and how the Steelers are more simplistic on offense, but with those things, what really is the best option? What could he do better? Should he try to be more complex when they do not pass block well and they have a rookie QB learning on the job? They are not exactly dominant in the run game either, so what should the coordinator do better?

Middle of the defense is soft, with invisible LBs. I'd keep running it if I was the Ravens.

Naturally, every moron State Pen cultist on Twitter is celebrating Pickett getting knocked out of the game.

I just tune in to see #18 yield yardage after each catch. It’s what I do. Hope he shuts me up…

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos
Someone ran the wrong route in the interception, looks like 82 shouldn’t have been there and he brought the Ravens defender with him

Reactions: CCHS82
Is it me or does it seem like we often have more than one receiver in an area far too often. Sims was there with Friermuth. Draws extra defenders.

Trubitsky strikes again. What an awful pass.

Canada needs to go. Terrible game plan to start the game. Put us behind the 8-ball.

Reactions: Chaos
So, if you were an offensive coordinator, you had a rookie QB, WRs that drop a good deal of passes and an OL that is shaky in the pass game, what would you do?

Steeler fans (and resentful Pitt fans) talk a lot about Canada and how the Steelers are more simplistic on offense, but with those things, what really is the best option? What could he do better? Should he try to be more complex when they do not pass block well and they have a rookie QB learning on the job? They are not exactly dominant in the run game either, so what should the coordinator do better?

When we're near the bottom of the NFL in scoring... And former players have criticized the offense... And analysts have criticized the offense... And current players have criticized the offense... I don't know; it seems like maybe there's a flame or two to go along with all that smoke.

Reactions: sonofabit
Then join me in rooting for them to lose. Because as long as they are winning, Tomlin isn't making any moves.
Nah. The RB brought his defender Smith with him into Muth’s pass reception lane. Otherwise Smith had no business being there. Clearly a systemic flaw. Maybe a little staring down by Mitch. Lol.

When we're near the bottom of the NFL in scoring... And former players have criticized the offense... And analysts have criticized the offense... And current players have criticized the offense... I don't know; it seems like maybe there's a flame or two to go along with all that smoke.
I mean, a rookie QB, an OL that cannot pass block and WRs that drop passes would have nothing to do with being near the bottom of the NFL in scoring. They also have an average defense at best that does not usually provide the offense with a lot of stability.

Remember when Roethlisberger was a rookie? They had a great OL, running game and a lights out defense. It helped a lot as he had very average numbers besides protecting the ball.

Everyone criticizing things when they do not work, but context means something. They need more talent on offense on the OL and more consistent guys at WR. Without at least the former, any OC will have their hands tied with this crew.

Hey. If you are like me. You are rooting for the Steelers to suck the rest of this game. Horrible. A joke.

If Tribusky leads them to a win....oh christ. Plus I think it is best for this franchise to move on from Canada. Losing makes that easier. Also....draft position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT