ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Ravens Gamethread

One more thing about that defense…

They had a jabroni QB in there and the entire world knew they couldn’t throw the ball. Yet the steeler defense couldn’t stop the other team for breaking off runs at 8 yards per clip when the game was on the line.

This game proved two things. Let Mitch go and make Rudolph your back up.

And devin Bush isn’t going to become a serviceable pro.

One more thing about that defense…

They had a jabroni QB in there and the entire world knew they couldn’t throw the ball. Yet the steeler defense couldn’t stop the other team for breaking off runs at 8 yards per clip when the game was on the line.

This game proved two things. Let Mitch go and make Rudolph your back up.

And devin Bush isn’t going to become a serviceable pro.
Jack and Bush were awful. got blocked every play. TJ watt going wide every play with zero regard to even try and stop the rush doesnt help.

On that last 3rd down play, were we had to stop the run, knew they were running, TJ watt rushes wide and was easily pushed out..

Reactions: Chaos
Dude literally made it about race in his original post. But please, tell me again about how you never discuss politics on here despite injecting it into every one of your posts and then acting ignorant when someone calls you out on it.
I responded to your post about race and gender by saying that we can do without all the talk. Your post. You. Not me.

And I have a challenge for you, pal. My posting history is public. Why don’t you research my last 1000 posts and show me that more than 5 of them are politcal. I dare ya.

Jack and Bush were awful. got blocked every play. TJ watt going wide every play with zero regard to even try and stop the rush doesnt help.

On that last 3rd down play, were we had to stop the run, knew they were running, TJ watt rushes wide and was easily pushed out..
I think PFF traditionally gives Watt a lower player rating for that very reason. Sometimes we can look at stats and laugh them off because we have eyes and can see how players impact games. But occasionally I do wonder if PFF is onto something.

I think PFF traditionally gives Watt a lower player rating for that very reason. Sometimes we can look at stats and laugh them off because we have eyes and can see how players impact games. But occasionally I do wonder if PFF is onto something.
it's fine and goes unnoticed if your inside backers are effective. unfortunately when Jack and especially Bush just get eaten up by blocks, it's much more of an issue..

He's basically playing with one arm and sore ribs. he should not even be out there.

I responded to your post about race and gender by saying that we can do without all the talk. Your post. You. Not me.

And I have a challenge for you, pal. My posting history is public. Why don’t you research my last 1000 posts and show me that more than 5 of them are politcal. I dare ya.
I'm not trying to get this thread shut down, so I'll just end this here. I just think people should back their opinion's with evidence. That's why I was frustrated with Zelda's post. That's all.

repeatedly this season, Watt starts too wide, then overpursues past the QB. He leaves a huge hole in the defense for RBs and QBs to run through. He didn't do anything today. For as much attention and adulation that he seeks in games, he is doing nothing to earn it this season.

I'm not trying to get this thread shut down, so I'll just end this here.
I’m with you. Which is why we probably could have just left it there. We know Zelda’s opinion on Tomlin.

One thing I’ll add about Tomlin. He’s one of the highest paid coaches in all of sports. I think he’s around 12-13 million per year. That’s a lot of money for the return the Steelers have gotten over the last decade.

So when people say the Rooneys are cheap, they aren’t. But maybe they should take some of the money they invest in the head coach and pay for some pedigree on the staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaos
The Rooneys are proud of Tomlin

They're proud that he has won a SB and a lot of games

And they don't agree that his lack of postseason results in a decade is worthy of moving on. They are proud that they have stuck by him despite the noise. Does race enter into that? Sure, but I don't think it is the determining factor by far... he has been good enough in their eyes that their innate conservatism in changing head coaches continues to be justified to them. If race were such a factor they could have let him go and hired another black coach if they wanted, easy solution. They haven't done that. Why? Because they think he is good enough to remain head coach

That's all there is to it imo

But that may be explicitly Watt’s assignment; to go wide, to rush the passer if a pass, and assure contain if it isn’t. I was on the road and had to listen, Wolfley was saying pretty candidly that the problem with the Steelers defense right now is precisely the duo at inside linebacker. They are getting bulldozed every play, or miss their assignments; and that in turn affects the DL, they all try to fill the gaps the ILB are not, then they themselves are out of position. If Watt joined that party and tried to fill the inside, only a matter of time that the opponent breaks a big outside run where he should have been; alternately he would be neutralized if the play is a pass. Bottom line the ILB are all beyond terrible.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
But that may be explicitly Watt’s assignment; to go wide, to rush the passer if a pass, and assure contain if it isn’t. I was on the road and had to listen, Wolfley was saying pretty candidly that the problem with the Steelers defense right now is precisely the duo at inside linebacker. They are getting bulldozed every play, or miss their assignments; and that in turn affects the DL, they all try to fill the gaps the ILB are not, then they themselves are out of position. If Watt joined that party and tried to fill the inside, only a matter of time that the opponent breaks a big outside run where he should have been; alternately he would be neutralized if the play is a pass. Bottom line the ILB are all beyond terrible.
ILB has been the biggest problem with the Steelers defense for a few years now.

Run defense and QB staring down receivers. All 3 ints were Mitch’s fault and all 3 were because he was locked onto the primary receiver. All 3.

Zeise is actually mistaken here, as Mitch and Sims both confirmed that Sims ran the correct route.

Dunlap is whining

If people aren't joining you on the Mike Tomlin should be on the hot seat bandwagon then convince them they should

Don't whine that they don't

This is all the guys at 93.7 + Mark Madden at the X do, whine and be sullen

Dunlap is whining

If people aren't joining you on the Mike Tomlin should be on the hot seat bandwagon then convince them they should

Don't whine that they don't

This is all the guys at 93.7 + Mark Madden at the X do, whine and be sullen
If his record in the post season the last decade and the current state of the team isn’t going to convince people that he should be on the hot seat, there is nothing I can say or do that will change their mind.

Like I and many others have said and continue to say, his job is safe and it has nothing to do with wins and losses.

If his record in the post season the last decade and the current state of the team isn’t going to convince people that he should be on the hot seat, there is nothing I can say or do that will change their mind.

Like I and many others have said and continue to say, his job is safe and it has nothing to do with wins and losses.
Are you Colin Dunlap?

But the thing is, and this is what pisses Dunlap off, is that the only people who matter not only don't think he's on the hot seat, but those people don't care, even a little bit, what Dunlap thinks. That's his real problem here. There are some cities where the media can rile up the populous and kind of force ownership into doing something that they wouldn't otherwise be doing. That doesn't happen here, because the people running the Stillers just don't care about that sort of "noise".

Is it any surprise that the purveyors of the "noise" don't like it that the people who matter aren't listening?

But the thing is, and this is what pisses Dunlap off, is that the only people who matter not only don't think he's on the hot seat, but those people don't care, even a little bit, what Dunlap thinks. That's his real problem here. There are some cities where the media can rile up the populous and kind of force ownership into doing something that they wouldn't otherwise be doing. That doesn't happen here, because the people running the Stillers just don't care about that sort of "noise".

Is it any surprise that the purveyors of the "noise" don't like it that the people who matter aren't listening?
I agree, the Rooneys could care less about fans criticisms. They have much different priorities regarding who is their HC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT